Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102074)

Azred 09-02-2011 03:00 PM

Re: New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming

People come and people go but the arguments never die.

Azred 09-08-2011 05:41 PM

Whether you agree that global warming is or is not happening and whether or not you agree with what is or is not being done about it, the SPICE project wants to try and do something about it by spraying mist into the mid to upper atmosphere. The main idea is that the mist will act to cool the atmosphere.

Initial tests are going to start at 0.5 miles (0.8 km); the full experiment aims to be at a height of 10 miles (16 km).

ElfBane 09-08-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azred (Post 1247270)
Whether you agree that global warming is or is not happening and whether or not you agree with what is or is not being done about it, the SPICE project wants to try and do something about it by spraying mist into the mid to upper atmosphere. The main idea is that the mist will act to cool the atmosphere.

Initial tests are going to start at 0.5 miles (0.8 km); the full experiment aims to be at a height of 10 miles (16 km).

LOL!!! Our astronauts are already garbage men and delivery boys... why not give them the "water the lawn" job too!!

Azred 09-08-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElfBane (Post 1247271)
LOL!!! Our astronauts are already garbage men and delivery boys... why not give them the "water the lawn" job too!!

*laugh* I didn't think of that.

Timber Loftis 09-09-2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElfBane (Post 1247271)

That was an awesome statement. It's too true, and kudos to you for saying it.

Let me add another sentiment:

When you're trying to search for, get equipment located for, and find a new home, the first and most obvious thing you need is a TRUCK. When NASA ditched the Shuttle program, it gave away the truck.

Timber Loftis 09-09-2011 11:02 PM

As a more mundane issue, did anyone else other than me (in Chicago) note that spring was non-existent this year, giving way to heat immediately, and now fall seems to be approaching incredibly quickly, as 80+ days have quickly left in just a matter of days? Just asking.

Cerek 09-10-2011 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timber Loftis (Post 1247304)
As a more mundane issue, did anyone else other than me (in Chicago) note that spring was non-existent this year, giving way to heat immediately, and now fall seems to be approaching incredibly quickly, as 80+ days have quickly left in just a matter of days? Just asking.

<font color=plum>It was pretty much the same here in NC, although we did have a bit of Spring transition before the hot summer. In the last week, though, the temps have dropped about 15-20 degrees almost overnight.

Of course, we also had the most snow in over 20 years during this last winter and the most school days missed since I was in Jr. High.

The overall temps weren't as cold as the winter before (which was one of the coldest we've had in years), but we did have a lot more snow than usual.</font>