Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   New Forgotten Realms Game (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66197)

Sparhawk 06-06-2004 06:47 PM

*siiiiiigh* I am really in the need for a console....I´ve always relied on my PC but as a trekkie...and a HUGE fan of FR setting this is a MUST....

The only bad thing I have to say about Atari is that they choose to sell some titles as console only...that sux for me...especially since I hate joypads *LOL*

vesselle 06-06-2004 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ziroc:
Atari is PUBLISHING it guys.. they published NWN too, and it's fun!

BUT... Stormfront Studios DID make Pools of Radiance II.. and THAT sucked.

well, as hideous as POR2 was, you can't blame it on Stormfront. they were something like the third game design company to work on that title. in fact, about all they did was apply last minute bandaids, to get it out the door at the publisher's insistence. of course, doing that admittedly caused way more problems than they solved.
:( i think the Pool of Poo's problems were due to Atari, who's shown how little they care about games over and over and over again.

V***V

[img]tongue.gif[/img] i'm more interested in playing the upcoming Dungeon Lords and A Bard's Tale (remake) anyway. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
i'm also definitely very sick to death of the forgotten realms and DnD/ADD gameplay.

[ 06-06-2004, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]

Ziroc 06-07-2004 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by vesselle:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Ziroc:
Atari is PUBLISHING it guys.. they published NWN too, and it's fun!

BUT... Stormfront Studios DID make Pools of Radiance II.. and THAT sucked.

well, as hideous as POR2 was, you can't blame it on Stormfront. they were something like the third game design company to work on that title. in fact, about all they did was apply last minute bandaids, to get it out the door at the publisher's insistence. of course, doing that admittedly caused way more problems than they solved.
:( i think the Pool of Poo's problems were due to Atari, who's shown how little they care about games over and over and over again.

V***V

[img]tongue.gif[/img] i'm more interested in playing the upcoming Dungeon Lords and A Bard's Tale (remake) anyway. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
i'm also definitely very sick to death of the forgotten realms and DnD/ADD gameplay.
</font>[/QUOTE]I'm tired of hearing "you can't blame them". I DO blame them, because they MADE the game. If they knew it was half-arsed and full of bugs, they should have put their foot down, and told Atari "WE NEED MORE TIME". It seems that every crappy game released, the publisher is to blame.. I don't like publishers that much either, don't get me wrong, and I know they enforce release dates, but damn it, how many games do we see that are half-done, buggy as hell releases with game stopping bugs even! WE become the betatesters, or (with Temple of Elemental Evil, ALPHA testers) So blame them both! :D

BTW, Dungeon Lords and Bards tale will be the same--Action hack and slash. I was SHOCKED that D.W. Bradley is working on an action-oriented game this time. MUCH more consolized. ugh... The day of the true CRPG is nearly over. :(