Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Ironworks forging... custom items or weapons? This is the place! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12577)

Annatar 04-23-2003 02:39 PM

<font color=white> I see a high rate of ''My Item'' threads here in IW and so does Angelousss, so Angelousss and I thought it was a good idea for one single thread for custom items and weapons only (because the main page is filled with Item creations)

Post your new item ideas here, your stories, questions.

If you need help.. post it here! Trouble with item creation or ''is this weapon balanced enough'' questions.. come here and we will try to help you re-balance it, help you with the creation ect.

For you to start forging you need the following files (TeamBG seems to be down so I can't link the files :( ):

Near Infinity
Infinity Explorer
Infinity Engine Editor Pro
BAMWorkshop (Custom BAM files)
VB6 TeamBG Package (this one first)

All above listed files are downloadable at TeamBG (currently down, it happens! :D )

Need your weapon hosted? Ask me Annatar or Vedran (we can host them if you like)

Enjoy creating and keep us posted. </font>

[ 04-23-2003, 02:40 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]

Xero279 04-23-2003 05:40 PM

Great Idea Annatar and Angelousss! I'll start by posting a link to a weapon I just thought of. You can find it Here.

As soon as the people from the other forum create it (if they can), I will host it online (maybe with some help from my buddy Annatar [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) on this Reply so you can all download it.

<font color="Red">Xero</font>

Sir Goulum 04-23-2003 05:47 PM

Its kinda stupid, I know, but what they hey? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<u>The Purifier</u>

This powerful sword is the less known sister sword to the long lost enchanted blade 'The Equalizer'. Unlike the Equalizer, which strives for neutrality, the Purifier is made to eliminate evil, doing extra damage to such beings, as well as other abilites to seek out and destroy them. It does double damage to dragons as well.

<u>Statistics:</u>

<u>While Equipped:</u>
Regeneration (1 HP every second)
Protection from Evil
Immunity to Fear

<u>Special Abilities:</u>
Detect Evil

THACO: +4
Damage: 2D8(Normally considered +4); +6 vs. Evil; +5 vs. Draconic species
Speed Factor: 3
Weight: 15
Strength Required: 13
Proficiency Type: Long Sword
Type: 1-Handed
Not Usable By:
Mage
Cleric
Evil Characters

Rapida 04-23-2003 06:19 PM

MY enchanted boots:

The Dwarven Soles

During a drow raid on a dwarven settlement Thordon Rockbrow, a dwarven prince, was taken prisoner and carried back to Ust Natha. When he arrived and was marched before Matron Mother Ardulace he refused to grovel at her feet. So in a rage she called upon Loth and cursed him saying, “ If you refuse to grovel at the feet of the mighty drow, I will make you!”. With this she destroyed his body and captured his soul and transferred it into his own boots. Then she promptly stomped around the room with them on. Later that day when she slapped a guard and he flew across the room, soon she had figured out that these boots gave her the strengths (and weaknesses) of dwarves. She has worn them ever since, until you came along...

Armor Class: no bonus
Weight: 2 pounds
Abilities: +2 Strength
-1 Dexterity
+1 Constitution
-1 Charisma
+5% Magic Resistance
+10% Poison Resistance
Not Usable By:
Wizard Slayer
Good-Aligned Character
Dwarves(won't wear their kin)

Angelousss 04-23-2003 06:56 PM

katana +4 Blade of Kilantron
-1 to ac
+5 magic resistance
+1 to dex
can cast
cure serious wounds 2x a day
heal once per day
stoneskin once per day
-2 to intelligence

While records are incomplete rumors of the blade suggest this
When Kilantron began wielding this blade(and a twin blade which has been lost to history) it was a simple katana forged in by the village smithy. He trained with the blade at least twelve hours everyday in his monestaries' courtyard. As his skill increased so did the power of the blades. When he was an elder monk his monestary came under attack from a local warlord. For the fist time in thier existence the blades were used on others. He bravely fought forced a stalemate, eventually the warlord gave up choosing his men over possible riches from the monestary. Kilantron was found being supported by one of the blades, dead. Forever in defense of his beloved monestary. Noone was sure if he had seen the retreat of the attacking forces or not but the monks of his monestary believe he did and knew he could rest.

it's designed for late soa to tob, perhaps the new items in new adventurer's mart or on a late underdark foe. i don't have the skill to make it. some worry was expressed about it being to powerful so i added the -2 to intelligence cause it just evokes images of kensai->mages.

untouchable 04-23-2003 07:47 PM

Boots: Dragon's Foot

These boots were comisioned by a very powerful drow warior many eons ago. There main purpose was to help this warior in stealing the love of one of the Priest of Loth, the priest who was not interested in the warrior told him that if he brought her five dragons' fangs she would mary him. The warior was so overjoyed that he commenced to create a set of item's that would further his dragon slaying skills. These boots were the first item he commisioned for his task. After succesfully killing the four youngest and weakest dragons the warrior could find he tempted fate and decided to kill a great wyrm. This undertaking was much above the warriors abilitys and he soon fell in battle. His items are spread across the realms and very sought after. This particular pair of boots is lined with a very heavy metal to stop a dragons fearsome wingbuffet, and also grant the wearer a greater chance of saving against the deadly dragon's breath.

STATISTICS:
Weight: 25 lb
While Equiped:
Immunity to WingBuffet
+3 Bonus to Save vs Breath Weapond
Not Usable By:
Thief
Cleric
Mage
Beast Master

Just a thought. Could anyone possibly make it? Will complete the rest of his set later, sorry about the spelling.

Sythe 04-23-2003 09:35 PM

Blade of Elements +4

Weapon Proficency Type: Longsword
Thaco: +4
Damage: 1D8+4+2 Fire damage +2 Ice damage +2 Poison Damage

The scmitar was forged long ago by three elven wizards each specializng in each element. The elves forged this weapon for the leader of the adventureos party that saved the forest by slaying a red, black and silver dragons who caused havok on the elven forests and killing Tanthai the wizard who somehow dominated all three wyrms. The elves took the bloods of all the wyrms and forged them with an already enchanted blade. The adventurer party's leader grew cocky and thought of raiding another dragons lair but sadly their tale has came to an end. How it ever came to you is anybody's guess.

SixOfSpades 04-23-2003 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by untouchable:
Boots: Dragon's Foot
Ummm.....sorry, untouchable, but if there's such a thing as an Ironworks Patent, I've probably got it. Those sound almost identical to my Boots of Balduran, which have been floating around here for months.

--full description at home, something like the following:
"One of the benefits of being filthy stinking rich is the ability to commission magical items to your own specifications. So it was with the mighty seafarer Balduran, who sought some footwear that would be useful on board ship. The Boots that resulted from the flurry of enchantment suited Balduran's needs perfectly: Not only did they greatly increase his defensive prowess (which came in mightily useful when fighting pirates), but they actually seem to be able to consciously grip into the floor, preventing the wearer from being moved anywhere against his will--even in gale-force winds. (Note that this will not impede normal walking in any way.)"

Attributes:
- Casts Stoneskin 1x/day
- Immune to Wing Buffet
- -2 bonus to Save vs. Breath Weapon

untouchable 04-23-2003 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Six:Ummm.....sorry, untouchable, but if there's such a thing as an Ironworks Patent, I've probably got it. Those sound almost identical to my Boots of Balduran, which have been floating around here for months.

Oooops. Sorry about that Six, I remember your boots from a while ago but only after you mentioned it. Either way I would like to see some boots that resist wingbuffet. I also think they should have a high weight or even better would be a negative speed factor. They are sooo heavy you can't move quickly with them.

Again, verry sorry about the similarity between the boots that Six.

[ 04-23-2003, 10:41 PM: Message edited by: untouchable ]

SixOfSpades 04-23-2003 10:52 PM

Oh, that's OK. It's just the whole "Hey, that was my creativity" thing. Don't feel bad. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I see 2 ways of justifying the immunity to Wing Buffet: Making the boots really heavy (and adding the negative attribute of reducing the wearer's Movement Rate, which makes a little bit more sense than penalizing their Speed Factor), or making the Boots actually sink partway into the ground whenever a Wing Buffet or something similar was heading their way. The latter course would imply some strong Earth magics.....perhaps the Boots were created by Svirfneblin? Balduran certainly got around, and could conceviably have mixed with some stone-shaping Deep Gnomes in his day....and that would fit nicely with the Stoneskin, too.

Olorin 04-23-2003 11:12 PM

Here's an idea I had, though I don't have the time or skills to create it (so feel free to steal the idea--just let me know so I can get a copy when you do!)

A set of items called the Firesuit

Firesuit--a set of items created and used by a mage whose study often led him into the Plane of Fire. He used these items to protect himself against the attacks of Fire Elementals, as well as to strike back at them. He was undone by a rival who specialized in ice magics.

Boots of Fire Adsorption:
add 20% to Fire Resistance

Gloves of Fire Adsorption:

Robes of Fire Adsorption:

Fire Adsorption Hat:

Amulet of Fire Collection:
This amulet is the Keystone to the Firesuit. Fire energy absorbed from each of the components of the suit is channeled into the amulet. Knowing the folly of fighting fire with fire, the mage who designed the suit found a way to convert the fire energy into basic magical energy.
1 charge: Cast Chromatic Orb
1 charge: Cast Magic Missile

The amulet is charged by adsorbing fire energy. For every 10 spell levels of fire adsorbed, the amulet gains one charge. Magical fire attacks (such as the Fire elementals attack, or MMM) count as 1 spell level per hit.

If parts of the Firesuit are missing, the energy absorbed is reduced by 20% per missing piece.

---I don't know if the game engine allows charging an item based on attacks or spell levels, an alternative would be to give 1 charge per day per piece of the suit.

Angelousss 04-24-2003 01:04 PM

bump

might be helpful to sticky this

Annatar 04-24-2003 01:31 PM

<font color=white> Only temporary ofcorse.. but it would be nice if this could be a sticky post for a while, Dundee?

Because what you probably already noticed, custom items are quite populaire [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Don't know who caused this (It wasn't me right [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ?), but it would be great to have this as a sticky thread for a month or so (until the custom item frenzy has calmed down)

So what do you say Dundee? </font>

[ 04-24-2003, 01:32 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]

Russ 04-24-2003 04:57 PM

I've never had a preference for world-smashing items, but instead have always enjoyed those in the low-to-mid-range, and found them more interesting.

1. Halberd +2: "Pikeman's Friend."

A relic of battles where Tuigan horse archers severely embarrassed Amnian heavy infantry, the "Pikeman's Friend" is a well-crafted, heavy-hitting halberd designed for sergeants who want to live long enough to direct their troops.
Powers: Standard stats for a halberd +2. Shield (3x daily).

2. Sling +1: "Siege Staff."

These fustibulae, or staff slings, have been passed through so many hands that they are usually polished almost slick. They perform well, and are clearly more accurate and easier to wield than most staff slings. However, rubbing the engravings along the staff in a particular order results in a magic firepot, which has more than once been the cause of a gateway being breached or a section of wall unexpectedly cleared just prior to the siege ladders hitting. They are usually issued only to skilled slingers, however, because the firepots are prone to breakage, which can be disastrous.
Powers: Sling +1: Generates one Fire Seed (per druid spell) 1x daily. On a critical miss, explodes as 3-die fireball centered on caster.

3. Sling Bullet +1: "Glitterballs"

On old favorite with the Gond worshippers and frustrated wizards everywhere, this sling bullet generates a glitterdust field on impact, making it good for night-time illumination, revealing invisible creatures, and sometimes allowing for a quick getaway.
Power: Ammunition -- generates glitterdust spell on impact.

4. Helm +2: "Thinking Cap"

This outlandish and somewhat, well, *stupid*-looking helm is a favorite among light-hearted travelers and the just plain silly.

Powers: usable only by bards and wizards (!!). Increases Intelligence by two, decreases wisdom by two.

5. Dagger +1: "Pest-begone."

A handy little dagger once used as a letter-opener by Zsheortj the Irritable, it has been the bane of many a would-be apprentice and gibberling.

Powers: Standard dagger +1. Magic missile as 3rd-level caster (1xday)

SixOfSpades 04-24-2003 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Russ:
Halberd +2: "Pikeman's Friend."
A nice idea, but unfortunately the Shield spell won't provide much benefit to someone who's probably already wearing Plate or better. I would simply have the weapon confer a -2 AC bonus, with an additional -4 against Missiles.

Quote:

Sling +1: "Siege Staff."
Unfortunately, the game can't recognize Critical Hits or Misses and use them to implement things like the firepot blowing up in your face.

Quote:

Dagger +1: "Pest-begone."
Neato! But what was Zsheortj's mother thinking when she named him, and what did he do to get even?

Here's my submission for an item collection: (Have you noticed how popular weapons are, as compared with other types of items? Only Olorin has dared to be different.)

<font color=gold>War Pick+3: "Gravedigger"</font>

Dwarves have always been fascinated with mined jewels and precious metals, and as a consequence, other races have always been fascinated with trying to obtain the fruits of the Dwarves' efforts. As these interactions can (frequently) turn hostile, some Dwarves have often felt that by digging valuable minerals from the earth, they are indirectly digging their own graves. One such Dwarf was Perreck Stonecleaver, who suffered the fate of being the only Dwarf in an isolated community of Humans. Not only did they jump his claims and rush in to do their own digging whenever Perreck struck a good vein, but they also boycotted him, forcing him to sell his gold and silver at far below market value, if he wanted to sell at all. Fed up with this treatment, one night Perreck left his mine, did away with many of his enemies using their own mining tools, and vanished.
It is presumed that he never came into contact with Humans again, but he must have met some highly skilled Dwarven or Deep-Gnomish weaponsmiths before he died, as Perreck was reported as being no smith, but yet this weapon bears his mark. Some have suggested that his name adorns the weapon because his very soul is within--at the very least, he seems to have channeled into it his rage against all those who would rob miners of the fruits of their labor. The first mention of its use above ground places it in the hands of the Dwarven warrior, Liorek Berradun, who was reputed to be able to command the earth to open into a firey trench, into which his enemies would fall and be buried--thus earning Liorek (and, by extension, his weapon) the moniker "Gravedigger."
Liorek's adventuring career, like so many others, came to an untimely end, but his at least makes a good tale: While leading a skirmish against a party of Hill Giants, a powerful earth-tremor shook the area, and a crevasse opened up beneath his own feet. In his desperate scramble to safety, Liorek dropped his War Pick into the abyss, and before he could even catch his breath, he found himself confronted by two Earth Elementals, who made short work of the weaponless Liorek and then jumped down the chasm after him.

2D4+3 Piercing damage
Proficiency: Warhammer
Each hit has a 10% chance of casting "Perreck's Curse," which does the following:
1-65: Nothing happens
66-90: Casts Implosion on the victim
91-95: Creates a random Gem in the user's Inventory
96-100: Casts Earthquake and Implosion on the user, summons 1D4 Greater Earth Elementals (always hostile).
Only Usable by: Dwarven or Gnomish Fighters of non-Lawful Alignment
Location: On Vithal, after returning from the Earth Elemental Plane

[ 04-24-2003, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]

Assassin 04-24-2003 08:47 PM

Here's my Item thought:

Merlin's Staff +2:

Merlin was known, when he was a little boy, as Emrys, called that by his mother, Elen of the Sapphire Eyes. Emrys was born in Fincayra, but was brought up in Earth, and found out that he had the startings of a great wizard there. However, there, he also lost his eyes in a fire of his own making. It was a gift from the Gods which allow him to see again, not with his eyes, but with an ability called the 'Second Sight'. However, he grew restless, and eventually went on a raft in the sea, to try to find out his past.

He washed ashore in the strange land of Fincayra, a place of great beauty. There, he learnt of a terrible plot to take over the land. However, with the help of a Hawk named Trouble, a girl named Rhiannon, and Shim, a Giant that was a Dwarf*, he managed to save the land and bring the prophecy about. However, Trouble, his hawk, died, saving him from the evil spirit of Rhita Gawr. In his adventures, he also met for the first time, his tutor, the bard Cairpré. He managed to stop evil plots many more times again.

The Staff that he bore during his travels during Fincayra was given to him by a tree. It was empowered from beyond the dead by Tuatha, his grandfather, the greatest wizard that Fincayra had ever seen. The Staff now bears seven symbols, each reminescent of the Seven Songs of Wizardry, one of which is Leaping, the magic capable to transporting a person great distances in a though. He had to find the soul of each song in order to save his mother from an evil of his own making.

His last days in Fincayra, sadly enough, were mostly spent in battle, trying to stop another invasion from the legions of Rhita Gawr, in which he had his tutor, Cairpré, die. Due to a strange twist of fate, children managed to stop the plan, and Rhita Gawr's plan was thwarted once more. After the battle, he found out his true name, which was Olo Eopia, man of many worlds, many times.

However, now he had to make a choice. He was of Fincayran descent, but his destiny belonged to Earth. He had met a woman who could change into a Deer at will- her name was Eo-Lahallia- and fallen in love. Despite all of this, he decided to follow his destiny, into mortal Earth.

Stats:
Damage: 1d6+2
Proficiency: Staff

Once per day, this Staff can summon a Hawk named 'Trouble'. Due to the fact that this takes strenuous energy on the part of the Mage, the Hawk can only do one attack immediately after being summoned. If it sees no enemy, then it will not stay, and goes back to the Spirit World. This Hawk can only attack those of Evil alignment. This one attack does 4d6+3 damage. Afterwards, he vanishes, gone back to the Spirit World. This Hawk has a special affinity for Wizards (seeing as Rhita Gawr performed like one...), and the one hit that the Trouble makes on the Mage scrambles the Mage's spells, making it unable to cast for 2 rounds. Trouble will also always hit enemy Mages, no matter what protection spells it has up.

+1 AC bonus (debatable- but it saved his butt so many times it's not even funny)

Once per day, this Staff can summon a Deer named Hallia, to run beside the caster once more, and to defend the caster, if necessary.

1 x day cast True Sight

1 x day cast Teleport, but only within the Wizard's sight.

Only usable by: Good single-classed Mages and Sorcerers.

*Read the books from T.A.Barron, the Lost Years of Merlin.

The main problem might be that different lands don't really go along with the mystic of Faerun that great, but it's worth a shot.

[ 04-24-2003, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: Assassin ]

Merlin from Amber 04-25-2003 06:32 AM

I have ideas for some spell:
Name: Time Start
Lvl: quest
School: (any)
Casting time: 9
Duration: 8 rounds
Area of efect: special
Range: none
Saving throw: special
Description: This spell can save the caster from the Time Stop spell. However, because this spell is extremly powerful the caster must take care when casting it. If the caster saves vs spell he can control the time stream and if during the duration of the spell the enemy casts Time Stop the caster will be free to do whatever he wants, but if he fails his save then there is 80% chance that he'll stop the time and will freze himselft and everybody except one randomly chosen enemy and 20% chance to stun himself for 1 round.

(This spell is not my idea)

Name: Crushing hands
Duration: instant
Area of efect: one creature
Range: visual sight of the caster
Description: This spell causes the caster's hands to gain strength and to become as long as needed to reach the enemy. When the enemy is reached the wizard begins to crush him with his enormous hands causing 60d1 damage however if the enemy saves vs spell then the wizard recieves 60d1 damage. Enemy magic resistance does not matter.

[ 04-25-2003, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Merlin from Amber ]

ElegantProse 04-25-2003 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Merlin from Amber:
(This spell is not my idea)

Name: Crushing hands
Duration: instant
Area of efect: one creature
Range: visual sight of the caster
Description: This spell causes the caster's hands to gain strength and to become as long as needed to reach the enemy. When the enemy is reached the wizard begins to crush him with his enormous hands causing 60d1 damage however if the enemy saves vs spell then the wizard recieves 60d1 damage. Enemy magic resistance does not matter.

I believe the spell Bigby's Crushing Hand is close to this spell.

[ 04-25-2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: ElegantProse ]

Trau 04-25-2003 11:55 AM

Staff of Knaves
The wizard Al'Loren Czarn started his adventuring days like many adventurers do; with a party of others, looking for treasures and quests so that they might face monsters told of only in tales, and gain riches only kings could dream of. Also common to have in an adventuring party is a rogue, but this was much to the eventual chagrin of Czarn. For he was the victim of two backstabs from thieves in his own party, almost killed both times. When Czarn recovered, he hunted down both rogues and trapped their souls in his staff.

Abilities:
-Knock and Find Traps at will
-invisibility 1x per day
-immunity to backstab

THACO: +2
Damage: 2D8+2
Weight: 5
Strength Required: 8
Proficiency Type: Quarter Staff
Type: 2-Handed
Usable By:
Mage

SixOfSpades 04-25-2003 02:10 PM

Knock and Find Traps at will??? How about 5x/day?

Trau 04-25-2003 02:28 PM

Could have been some high level rogues he caught! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Angelousss 04-25-2003 02:53 PM

i might make it only useable by either evil or at least not good too. most people of a good alignment would be averse to using something with souls trapped in it.

Vanessa 04-25-2003 03:32 PM

Here is my idea for a weapon:

Name: Long Sword + 5 Sword of The Dragon's Spirit,

Even after all LIVING dragons were destroyed, there were many draconic species left so a Very powerful mage named Tivinon Created this sword to target those species and protect the user from some of their more powerful abilities.

Stats:
4D19 damage normally, x2 damage against dragon-like creatures
Special: (Wielded): immunity to hold,charm,and Greater Malison attacks. (Initiated): Shapechange 2x/day

Weight: 12lbs
Required Level: lvl 12 warrior
Req. Str.: 10
Not Usable by:
Non warrior classes

Annatar 04-25-2003 04:32 PM

<font color=white>Overpowerd.... grossly over-powerd ;) </font>

Trau 04-25-2003 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Angelousss:
i might make it only useable by either evil or at least not good too. most people of a good alignment would be averse to using something with souls trapped in it.
Yes, I was thinking of that, as well. I don't imagine the wizard that trapped their souls would have been the nicest fellow, either.

Sir Goulum 04-25-2003 05:54 PM

Yea....anyways, heres another idea for something

Robe of the Super Magi
This magical robe was thought to be created by the the instability of magics through the realms. Its powers, and its disadvantages must be thought through carefully before wearing this robe. To some, it will be worth it, to others it would be nearly torture.

Equipped Abilities:
AC base set to: 3
Casting time increased(or whichever makes it better): 4
-2 to Charisma
-1 to Strength

Special Abilities
Cast Improved Alacrity 1x per day

Weight: 3
Usable By:
Mages (Single, multi, dual)

Is this too overpowered?

Raistlin Majere 04-25-2003 06:21 PM

Brings to mind the robe of vecna, really, 'cept the vecna robe doesnt have the disadvantages.

Sir Goulum 04-25-2003 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
Brings to mind the robe of vecna, really, 'cept the vecna robe doesnt have the disadvantages.
I know. Thats where I got the idea from. [img]tongue.gif[/img] Just an uber version of it with disadvantages [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Trau 04-25-2003 07:17 PM

Trajo's Thrust
A wizard slayer by the name of Trajo Rioak was employed by a frustrated king to seek out the villainous wizard, Maldarr Lyranzen, who had been recently pillaging the surrounding lands. Trajo quickly found Maldarr's enormous tower, and his natural magic resisitance overcame any magical traps that would prove the to average fellow quite fatal. The quarry was found deep in the tower's lower levels, hundreds of feet below ground. Much to his dread, Trajo found a red dragon standing over Maldarr, and it was quite clear who the master was. The red dragon would die to defend Maldarr, of this, Trajo was regrettably sure. After an intense battle, Trajo found himself in the middle of the dragon and Maldarr. All were exhausted, but there was only one end to this confrontation: someone had to die. Maldarr began chanting a disintegrate spell, as the dragon drew in air for its devastating fire breath. Recognizing the actions of both, Trajo quickly threw himself behind a large statue in the center of the room. The vile wizard's spell hit the dragon and disintegrated it, but not before its fire breath hit the wizard and removed his stoneskin. Trajo picked up his sword, and made straight for Maldarr. Maldarr pushed over a boiling cauldron in Trajo's direction to buy himself some time, and started an improved invisibilty spell. He was not fast enough, as just as he uttered the spell's last word, Trajo's blade was thrust directly into his heart. Amazingly, the blade was turned invisible, not the dying wizard. Trajo managed to land a final, decapitating blow. The dust left from the red dragon was used in a series of enchantments, along with other exotic items, to enchant the sword and gain control of its invisibility. These enchantments were carried out at the request of the grateful king by his chief mages as a reward to Trajo Rioak.

Abilities:
-+30% magic resistance
-improved invisibility 1x per day
-cast breach 3x per day

THACO: +5
Damage: 1D10+5
Weight: 8
Strength Required: 12
Proficiency Type: 2-handed sword
Type: 2-Handed
Usable By:
Wizard Slayer

[ 04-25-2003, 07:18 PM: Message edited by: Trau ]

SixOfSpades 04-25-2003 08:34 PM

Nice idea, but I do have a couple of nitpicks:

Elemental damage doesn't remove Stoneskin, it just goes right through it. The sword you have outlined would be a tremendous boon to Wizard Slayers (who currently need all the help they can get), but it's not quite justified. For instance, Red Dragon Dust would be far more likely to confer Fire Resistance than Magic Resistance, and the sword would probably cast a 10D6 Fireball instead of Breach.

Hey.....how come we don't have any suggestions from Dundee on here yet? Hmm. Tell you what, I'll bait him. <font color=gold size=6>Hey, Dundee!!</font> What do you think you would get if Cromwell/Cespenar combined:</font>
  • Robe of Vecna</font>
  • Ring of Gaxx</font>
  • Book of Kaza</font>
  • Lich's Tooth</font>
  • Halberd+2, Duskblade (optional)</font>
  • Skull of the Lich (optional)</font>

Trau 04-25-2003 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
[QB] Nice idea, but I do have a couple of nitpicks:

Elemental damage doesn't remove Stoneskin, it just goes right through it. The sword you have outlined would be a tremendous boon to Wizard Slayers (who currently need all the help they can get), but it's not quite justified. For instance, Red Dragon Dust would be far more likely to confer Fire Resistance than Magic Resistance, and the sword would probably cast a 10D6 Fireball instead of Breach.
Well, maybe in the description we could change the breath to stun the wizard for a second or two. Sure, the dust would be more likely to grant fire resisitance, but that's what enchantments are for. The enchantments can bring out the magic resisitance of the dragon, plus add an extra ability like
breach. The dragon dust isn't the sole source of the sword's abilities. It was made specifically to suit Trajo Rioak. Who knows, maybe the sword's original ability was to cast breach. That would actually make a lot of sense, as Trajo could cast breach on the wizard as he was dazed.

Russ 04-26-2003 01:08 PM

Ah, and I thought everybody here wanted the sexy weapons stuff...

Boots: Ranger Shoes.

These boots seem to have been around the block more times than a man can count to ten, but boy, what you sacrifice in looks is more than made up in comfort. It's been said that a man could walk until the moon falls in these things.
Powers: increase movement rate by three.

("these boots are made for walkin'....")

Robes: Apprentice-bane.

These wizard robes are comfortable, soft, and even a little padded, as if somebody wanted to use them as a sort of ersatz padded armor. Indeed, it IS slightly protective... but its primary renown comes from Xsheortj the Irritable (for those of you who only read modern Amnian, that's pronounced "George...") and his quest to be free of whatever mischief his apprentices thought they were going to get away with THIS WEEK.
Powers: Dispel Magic (2xdaily,)
Remove Effects (2xdaily)
Sleep (3xdaily)
AC: +1 bonus.

Russ 04-26-2003 01:09 PM

If anybody really wants me to, I can probably come up with about fifty of these in the next couple of weeks while I'm stuck in airports... just make sure I get part of the blame somewhere...

Annatar 04-26-2003 01:32 PM

<font color=white> No need to fill in the shop with a dozen of un-thought weapons, we want to make a shop with balanced and nice looking items (description, custom BAM ect...)

If we have 150 items that all do this, and 200 weapons that do that... it aint fun, nothing personal but.. I just want to see a great looking shop with some well thought of items that are worth buying/reading.

If you posted an item here, it isn't a free ticket to the shop... ofcorse, I would try to fit in a piece of art from everybody that particapted here, but it is impossible to put in all the items (some lack a description, are un-balanced ect... they need work).. if an item is really worth it it would most definetly get a place in choc's store [img]tongue.gif[/img]

<u>Requirements to get a place in the shop.</u>

- A nice description (opinions may vary)
- Custom BAM file (to prevent 20 Carsomyr files and 10 Celestial Furies)
- Keep it Balanced, no need for an second KillSword01 (yes, opinions may vary [img]smile.gif[/img] )
- be original (no need for 5 rings that all do the same, get your self patent on the item you created :D )
- Test it before you send it to me, I don't feel like testing every single item (be sure that it is BUG free)

There will be more I guess (I'm certain that I forgot a few)... stick to these rules and you will get a place in the upcoming IW BG II SoA - ToB store ;) </font>

[ 04-26-2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Annatar ]

Xen 04-26-2003 01:35 PM

Can a newbie join too??

Annatar 04-26-2003 01:43 PM

<font color=white> Sure, just stick to the rules (hardly rules, just some thinks to prevent bad thinks from happening [img]smile.gif[/img] ) and you will be fine Xen ;) </font>

Vedran 04-26-2003 01:44 PM

That depends on what you can make or think of. You don't have to make an item yourself, you can only (if that can be called "only") conceive one.

Trau 04-26-2003 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Annatar:
<font color=white>
- Custom BAM file (to prevent 20 Carsomyr files and 10 Celestial Furies)

Any tips on how to do this?

DJG 04-26-2003 03:04 PM

This reminds me of the past, what about you Vedran? Looking through this thread, I remember why I gave up my old "Item Making for You!"

Because it was too hard! With limited online time, too many requests, and not enough staff I gave up. But if you need help with Item Making, I volunteer my services as an elite item and spell maker.

If you need them, PM me or post here. If not, I won't take offence.

Annatar 04-26-2003 03:07 PM

<font color=white> Download BAMWorkshop from TeamBG (Its down, still :( so you can't download it at the moment), its pretty easy.. just export the file you want to alter with the use of InfExp or Near Infinity and open them with BAMWorkshop and begin to alter/create an item ;)

Altering is much easier than creating one from scratch, so an altered BAM file is good enough [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>