Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   good RPG games(including games like Diablo) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74211)

uss 04-09-2002 04:53 PM

i play RPG`s but i know only some of them. i have played and really liked Revenant, all BG`s(except ToTSc), all Diablos(yes, the "ultimate hack`n slash" game) and Ps:T, which is the most exciting so far. which RPG`s would you recommend to me?

TheThing 04-09-2002 04:56 PM

Diablo is fun, but it is not RPG. it is strategy game [img]smile.gif[/img] and you really shouldnt play diablo now, because the best time is gone ^^

PS:T!

Epona 04-09-2002 06:14 PM

Try Dungeon Siege when you can get hold of a copy there - I just got it and am having great fun! It's a good hack & slash, loads of enemies to blast up.

Wurm 04-09-2002 06:23 PM

Try Fallout and Fallout 2! awesome RPG games without the fantasy :D They both take place in the southwest US of A after a Atomic War.

My favorite games of all time!

For traditional RPG try Darkstone its alot of fun once you get used to the layout and controls.

Black Knight 04-09-2002 07:20 PM

Have you tried Icewind Dale? Can probably pick one up for cheap now...Or Wizards and Warriors....Or Might and MagicVII is ok (only one I played on a buddies system). The choices are endless....try just going to different parts of this site and asking them about the games they play. I know there are quite a few people who LOVE the Wizard's and Warrior's and do a LOT of replay on it.

FYI

BK

uss 04-10-2002 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wurm:
Try Fallout and Fallout 2! awesome RPG games without the fantasy :D They both take place in the southwest US of A after a Atomic War.

For traditional RPG try Darkstone its alot of fun once you get used to the layout and controls.

ah, ofcourse! the Fallouts! i played the first part and i really loved it [img]smile.gif[/img] ! i havent played fallout 2 though i hear it is really cool and much longer than the first part. i think that the only thing that bugged me pretty much was the time limit. a friend said that he played
fallout 2, did ALL of the quests, was going to the ending but the time got up

Krishach 04-10-2002 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheThing:
Diablo is fun, but it is not RPG. it is strategy game and you really shouldnt play diablo now, because the best time is gone ^^
Diablo isn't a strategy game, Starcraft is. Diablo is a HnSRPG. ;)

One of my favorite RPG's is Super Mario RPG. :D :D :D Well, you didn't say it had to be a computer RPG. ;)

Wurm 04-10-2002 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by uss:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wurm:

ah, ofcourse! the Fallouts! i played the first part and i really loved it [img]smile.gif[/img] ! i havent played fallout 2 though i hear it is really cool and much longer than the first part. i think that the only thing that bugged me pretty much was the time limit. a friend said that he played
fallout 2, did ALL of the quests, was going to the ending but the time got up
</font>[/QUOTE]:confused: I don't think 2 has a time limit I know 1 does but by doing certian things you can greatly increase your time...(I played 1 like a zillion times so trust me on this [img]tongue.gif[/img] but 2 doesn't have a time limit except at the very end when you have to outrace a ticking atom bomb :eek: (DOH! 1 had that too [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Ares 04-10-2002 05:57 PM

2 has a time limit..you have to find the Garden of Eden Kit in time before your village dies...not hard to do, but not easy to do either :D

Wurm 04-10-2002 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ares:
2 has a time limit..you have to find the Garden of Eden Kit in time before your village dies...not hard to do, but not easy to do either :D
Oh that...but the village never dies [img]tongue.gif[/img] they get shipped off to the oil drilling platform...

[ 04-10-2002, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Wurm ]

Encard 04-10-2002 08:24 PM

Hmm... IWD, Dungeon Siege, no comments about Fallout/2 since I haven't played them, Morrowind is coming out soon, Divine Divinity ( their site... the forum is the most useful thing ) is too, hmm... Summoner is actually pretty fun as well. Hmm... moo... I'd suggest not playing Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption personally, as it suffers from MASSIVE AI problems and the combat (at least to me) gets very highly repetetive, although the storyline of the game is nice. Hmm... I'll see if I can think of any more.

/)eathKiller 04-10-2002 09:16 PM

Three Letters:

<font size="+5">P</font><font size="-2">hantasy</font<font size="+5">S</font><font size="-2">tar</font<font size="+5">O</font><font size="-2">nline</font

I'ts out for <font size="+2">EVERYTHING</font>
<font size="-5">Sega's Dreamcast,
Nintendo's GameCube,
Microsoft X-box,
Windows...
everything except for Sony's playstation2</font>

<font size="+3">0.o</font>

Here's some music from it even!

Lady Blue03 04-10-2002 09:20 PM

Ah i used to live for Diablo(the expac). But ever since it stopped working on my cpu i couldnt play it. I just checked it the day b4 that concert i went to, like 2 weeks ago, and i still had my good characters. Unfortunatley...my mule was deleted! I had sum pretty awesome stuff on him *sniffle* and my work in progress orb sorc who was lvl 35 had a whole buncha high level stuff in her stash was deleted. Damn blizzard! ah well. 2 me, Diablo rules over all :D

/)eathKiller 04-11-2002 11:45 PM

yup that's another benefiet of PSO, instead of saving server-side you save your characters on little VMUs and can raise them as virtual pets too (err I'm asuming the Gameboy will replace the VMU for the GameCube version and urr, X-box has a hard drive just like the PC version either way its NEVER saved server side because sega's servers aren't the best in the universe ya know LOL...)

Other Good RPGS?

hmm SHENMUE was SUPERB! it went into every little detail of a guy's life in his hometown and you had to figure out who killed your father and the reasons for WHY, then you end up tracking the guy down, it was a SWEET Dreamcast game, and the SEQUEL, Shenmue 2, is comming out for the X-box, in Shenmue 2, you leave your hometown and go to HONG KONG, and yes the WHOLE CITY is mapped out in the game, you can even go into rooms and stuff in the buildins and the ammount of detail is AMAZING, every little thing is payed attention to, you can even play games on the street and in Shenmue 1 you had a Sega Saturn in your house :D that was fun, i think it was the only dreamcast game to use as many disks as final fantasy 7...

Skies of arcadia was sweet too! Hundred swords was a bomb for me but my freind likes it... go figure....

and then there's THIS
and... am I the only person who thinks that NWN looks a WHOLE LOT like Myth 2?

MYTH 2 WAS AWESOME except it was a strategy game, NWN is not strategy at all! @_@ infact that one scene looks like a place in myth the fallen lords, where the zombies come out of the river and attack the bridge lol..

HALO was originally going to be a strategy game you know, then a 3rd person role playing game, then it turned into a first person shooter, how'd that happen?
:cool: