Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Just bought ToB.....Should I ? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12515)

Boutte 04-16-2003 08:00 PM

I just picked up ToB and was debating whether or not install it. Since this is only my second time around in BGII some have suggested that I play through at least one more time before I do it. Since mostly I get my ass kicked I was wondering if ToB makes the game easier, harder or about the same. Right now working my way through the sewers.(Speaking of getting my ass kicked...)

My Party:
Boutte 9lv Undead hunter carrying Blade of Roses ac-6

Minsc 9lv Ranger carrying Sword Of Chaos ac-1

Jaheira 9lv cleric carrying +2 Q-staff ac -2 or 0 when using shield

Yoshio 12lv thief carring Short Swd. of Bk. Stabbing (and Boots of Stealth) ac 2

Aerie lv cleric 10lv mage +1Q-staff ac4

Nalia lvb10mage lv4 thief Tuigan Bow ac4

Any comments, tips, or suggestions?

(I love This Place !)

Dace De'Briago 04-16-2003 08:05 PM

Throne of Baal *definately* makes the game easier, simply because you can level up higher and get special high level abilities.

It also makes the game longer :D And that can only be a good thing, right?

Don't forget to patch your game to the latest version if you do decide to install ToB.

GL and HF.

Witchhunter 04-16-2003 09:22 PM

I would suggest that you install Throne of Bhaal. The only bad thing it does, as far as I know, is to alter the function of a certain magic item.
Otherwise it gives you access to higher levels and powerful skills...not bad.

pcgiant 04-16-2003 09:52 PM

And, of course, it makes Mirror Image look more spiffy.

D*Ranged 04-16-2003 10:16 PM

A good idea. New kit that can be a barrel - o - fun.

Bahamut 04-16-2003 11:06 PM

I think ToB is going to patch up SoA anyway so you only have to worry about the ToB patch... and once you decide to install ToB you can't uninstall it without removing the whole game.. but who would want to remove ToB anyway ;)

Good Luck! Enjoy the game

Merlin from Amber 04-17-2003 04:27 AM

Good idea. As many other games higher levels mean 'higher' enemies and when talking about powerful things the tactics are changing. When you meet 6 orcs it is ok, but if they are 100? Things begin to happen that never happen before. So your best SoA tactics may be unusable in ToB. Also as much larger the realm as much beter the game! [img]smile.gif[/img] I recommend playing SoA with ToB installed (and patched).

AW
I'm not telling that you'll meet 100 orcs at once in ToB.

Annatar 04-17-2003 05:09 AM

<font color=white> Some nice adds by ToB.

1. The TAB function to highlight items on the floor.
2. Enter the ever hard Watchers Keep Dungeon in the SoA map.
3. Re-make for the Mirror Image spell (looks nice now)
4. The game continues right after the SoA end, transporting you and your party to ToB.
5. HLA (High Level Abilities)
6. Experience Cap of 8 milion :D

This enough for you to install it ;) ? </font>

Eternal 04-22-2003 12:12 PM

go for it.......... i did

Annatar 04-22-2003 01:23 PM

<font color=white> Eternal, where have you been my dutch friend? </font>