Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Its a Very sad story but I could really use some outside advice (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87688)

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 09-12-2003 03:57 PM

I just found out one of my closest friends tried to committ suicide last week. I hadn't talked to them in a week and I just found out. They are ridiculously depressed but yet refuse to go back to the hospital or anything. I mean I have no idea what to say to them or anything. I just went and visited them and they were just crying and in terrible shape, I have a feeling they will probably attempt it again. I know this is a difficult question to answer but what can I do or say to them? Maybe someone on here had the same misfortune of having to go through something like this, so I was just looking for some advice. Sorry to bring you all down with this, but I am at a loss as to what to do.

Mack_Attack 09-12-2003 04:03 PM

Azrael I am so sorry to hear that. I have never had to deal with anything of this nature. I could only say is to be a true friend and be there for this person. Be a postive influence and incourage them to seek professional help.

Dragonshadow 09-12-2003 04:07 PM

I know someone who was like that, maybe not quite so bad. Tell them that life is worth living, all they have to carry on for. And I would try and get someone to talk to them.

I'm really sorry to hear about it. :(

Xen 09-12-2003 04:08 PM

Oh sorry... I had a friend who has commited suicide in the first year of highschool. She hung herself. :( That happend last year. She was only 15...

[ 09-12-2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 09-12-2003 04:40 PM

Its almost like they wont even listen. I really have a feeling they might try it again. I went over there, and they were drunk and had taken an antipsycotic medication called seraquel and 3 metabolife. they had a nasty run in with their X eariler today too which caused them to just go nuts agin. I am really worried.

Xen 09-12-2003 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
Its almost like they wont even listen. I really have a feeling they might try it again. I went over there, and they were drunk and had taken an antipsycotic medication called seraquel and 3 metabolife. they had a nasty run in with their X eariler today too which caused them to just go nuts agin. I am really worried.
Crap...try to talk with them again... but let me tell you somethig. When a men decides that he will do something-suicide-he will probably do it. Truth hurts...

I don`t know man... ask them why they don`t want to talk.

john 09-12-2003 04:48 PM

Try to talk them into leaving the area that seems to be holding whatever it is thats bothering them so much,and make sure you let them know how much you care for them.And that their family and friends will feel so hurt if they hurt themselves.I can't think of anything else but will say a prayer for them and you as well.Hope things work out...

john 09-12-2003 04:49 PM

A p.s. let them know that no matter how bad things seem tomorrow is another day and things always get better..

Xen 09-12-2003 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by john:
A p.s. let them know that no matter how bad things seem tomorrow is another day and things always get better..
Yeah good advice...

Here`s another:

"Live to fight another day"... meaning:survive this day and fight with the problem tommorow...

Stormymystic 09-12-2003 04:55 PM

my mom is like that, and the only way to really help them, is to be truthful with them, even though the truth may hurt them more in the short run, sometimes it is better to make them mad enough to want to live,and you can always be a friend, and take them see a counsler, not a shrink, a person who is trained to listen, and give advice, and if it comes to it, you can always talk to a judge, and have them court order in, if you think the are a danger to them selves, or others, that is an option, but it takes a little while to get it done :( and it honestly sounds like there is not much time to help him, maybe, you can find out why he is upset, and talk to him about it, but the best thing, is never leave them alone, when they are in this state, until you get him help, find alot of people willing to stay with him, and work out a scedule, so he is never left alone even to use the restroom, it sounds bad, yes, but think off all the ways in there he can do that, pills, tub, shower curtains, things like that