Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   good RPG games(including games like Diablo) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74211)

uss 04-09-2002 04:53 PM

i play RPG`s but i know only some of them. i have played and really liked Revenant, all BG`s(except ToTSc), all Diablos(yes, the "ultimate hack`n slash" game) and Ps:T, which is the most exciting so far. which RPG`s would you recommend to me?

TheThing 04-09-2002 04:56 PM

Diablo is fun, but it is not RPG. it is strategy game [img]smile.gif[/img] and you really shouldnt play diablo now, because the best time is gone ^^

PS:T!

Epona 04-09-2002 06:14 PM

Try Dungeon Siege when you can get hold of a copy there - I just got it and am having great fun! It's a good hack & slash, loads of enemies to blast up.

Wurm 04-09-2002 06:23 PM

Try Fallout and Fallout 2! awesome RPG games without the fantasy :D They both take place in the southwest US of A after a Atomic War.

My favorite games of all time!

For traditional RPG try Darkstone its alot of fun once you get used to the layout and controls.

Black Knight 04-09-2002 07:20 PM

Have you tried Icewind Dale? Can probably pick one up for cheap now...Or Wizards and Warriors....Or Might and MagicVII is ok (only one I played on a buddies system). The choices are endless....try just going to different parts of this site and asking them about the games they play. I know there are quite a few people who LOVE the Wizard's and Warrior's and do a LOT of replay on it.

FYI

BK

uss 04-10-2002 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Wurm:
Try Fallout and Fallout 2! awesome RPG games without the fantasy :D They both take place in the southwest US of A after a Atomic War.

For traditional RPG try Darkstone its alot of fun once you get used to the layout and controls.

ah, ofcourse! the Fallouts! i played the first part and i really loved it [img]smile.gif[/img] ! i havent played fallout 2 though i hear it is really cool and much longer than the first part. i think that the only thing that bugged me pretty much was the time limit. a friend said that he played
fallout 2, did ALL of the quests, was going to the ending but the time got up

Krishach 04-10-2002 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TheThing:
Diablo is fun, but it is not RPG. it is strategy game and you really shouldnt play diablo now, because the best time is gone ^^
Diablo isn't a strategy game, Starcraft is. Diablo is a HnSRPG. ;)

One of my favorite RPG's is Super Mario RPG. :D :D :D Well, you didn't say it had to be a computer RPG. ;)

Wurm 04-10-2002 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by uss:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wurm:

ah, ofcourse! the Fallouts! i played the first part and i really loved it [img]smile.gif[/img] ! i havent played fallout 2 though i hear it is really cool and much longer than the first part. i think that the only thing that bugged me pretty much was the time limit. a friend said that he played
fallout 2, did ALL of the quests, was going to the ending but the time got up
</font>[/QUOTE]:confused: I don't think 2 has a time limit I know 1 does but by doing certian things you can greatly increase your time...(I played 1 like a zillion times so trust me on this [img]tongue.gif[/img] but 2 doesn't have a time limit except at the very end when you have to outrace a ticking atom bomb :eek: (DOH! 1 had that too [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

Ares 04-10-2002 05:57 PM

2 has a time limit..you have to find the Garden of Eden Kit in time before your village dies...not hard to do, but not easy to do either :D

Wurm 04-10-2002 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ares:
2 has a time limit..you have to find the Garden of Eden Kit in time before your village dies...not hard to do, but not easy to do either :D
Oh that...but the village never dies [img]tongue.gif[/img] they get shipped off to the oil drilling platform...

[ 04-10-2002, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: Wurm ]