Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   POLL: What Books Do You Read? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38546)

Ladyzekke 01-21-2001 01:45 PM

OK guys, here's my poll. What types of books does everyone out there read? I'll start with a few authors I have read recently: Robert Maccammon, C.S. Friedman, Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordan, Brian Lumley, Stephen King, Anne Rice, Clive Barker, and on and on!

ArmageddonX 01-21-2001 01:52 PM

Lets see... uh. I read the Baldur's Gate 2 Manual last week (ok, you caught me, only half of it). And uh, lotsa TV guides! Uhhhhhh... (scratches head) ...uhhhhhhh... oh yeah, and I read the instructions on those mac and cheese boxes. Ok, it's your peoples turn now...

Moiraine 01-21-2001 02:01 PM

I read a lot of Fantasy, among them : David Eddings, Raymond E.Feist, Terry Brooks, Robin Hobb, Mercedes Lackey, Weiss & Hickmann, Robert Jordan, Anne Mc Caffrey, Jennifer Robinson (Oh, LadyWendy, if you don't know this one, try the 'Sword' series : Sword-born, Sword-sworn, ...)

I read Anne Rice now and then (I prefer the 'Witches' serie).

Otherwise, I pick a biography or a history or archaeology book or a French fiction book.

Oh, and I am a big fan of novels about time travel, time paradoxes and such.

Khanar Tor'vel 01-21-2001 02:23 PM

R.A. Salvatore, David Eddings, Terry Brooks, Robert Jordan, Anne McCaffrey, some stuff nobody probably reads anymore like books by Alexandre Dumas (3 Musketeers and so on), and some biographies. Oh, and auto and computer graphics/animation magazines. Exciting.

smaug 01-21-2001 02:31 PM

I read more Sinince finction but right now im reading Terry Goodkin

smaug 01-21-2001 02:31 PM

I read more Sinince finction but right now im reading Terry Goodkind

Ladyzekke 01-21-2001 03:16 PM

Moiraine, those two you mentioned Mercedes Lackey and Anne McCaffrey I've seen on the shelves at the book store and came very close to buying one. Now I think I will, thanks! I'll keep the Sword born series in mind as well. Next on my list though is Robin Hobb, not in case you think one of the others is better?

el_kalkylus 01-21-2001 04:24 PM

I like fantasy-books, so I have read the wheel of time by Robert Jordan, shannara-series (don't remember the author), Katherine Kerrs books (don't know what the books are called in english), David Eddings books, and of course Tolkiens books.
Beside from fantasy, I haven't read that much, but I have read books written by Anne Rice (the interview with a vampire) and Stephen King.

I am not very good with names, so I am probably wrong when I said Anne Rice have written the interview with a vampire.

ArmageddonX 01-21-2001 05:01 PM

Books? You peoples are liek sooooo twentieth-century.

Rikard T'Aranaxz 01-21-2001 05:11 PM

Did you ever really check this Forum?
the is a whole forum called Books any realm
the is where you should post it

Anyways i'll answer
currently i'm reading the Darksword series and the Portal of Death series both from Weis&Hickman
and i really like them
but i can't find a lot of others in holland