Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Branwen's portraits looks stoned! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3934)

Sir Degrader 01-09-2005 11:11 AM

Honestly, take a look at her portrait. Eyes semi closed, mouth enclosed in a smile that says "I see strange colors and patterns". And her character sucks. Anyone care to discuss why she isn't a good cleric?

Brainless One 01-09-2005 12:18 PM

You have to release her from stone, which is a bit more of a hassle than any other cleric you can get early. However, she is pretty much the ONLY cleric you can get early. Your other choice is Viconia, but there is a rep drop associated. She makes up for it with a fairly high constitution (I'm back on Branwen) and the fact that she has no quest that needs to be done for her to stay in your party. That I know of...
-Brainless One

RoSs_bg2_rox 01-09-2005 05:44 PM

:D

That has to be the most innocent reply I have seen on IW. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

timothy trotter 01-09-2005 05:46 PM

i thought she was a waste of time myself, get adjantis and level him up and he can do good preist spells

Illumina Drathiran'ar 01-09-2005 06:27 PM

A paladin will never be able to do good priest spells... You have a better chance using Jahiera as your primary priest. With Ajantis as your healer, I certainly hope you have a ton of healing potions on hand.

And, may I be forgiven for what I'm about to do... I've never said this about any other character in the series, and I doubt I'll use it again, but I dismissed Ajantis as a possibility because I can't stand listening to him. I don't like the voiceacting and his lines are annoying. "This cavern has a sense of EEEEVIL in it. This forest has a sense of EEEVIL in it." Hell, I've even had Anomen in my party. I draw the line at "By HELM! By HELM! By HELM! Helm... GIVE ME STRENGTH! By HELM! By HELM!" I usually send him straight to the ankhegs.

SixOfSpades 01-09-2005 08:25 PM

*hands Illumina a large Mace, for the glory of Helm*

But I think Alora's even worse.

Taran 01-09-2005 08:33 PM

I think you guys got off topic, i agree she looks fooked oop, (thats dutch i swear)

Illumina Drathiran'ar 01-09-2005 11:59 PM

I didn't mention Alora because she's not a character. Nope. She can't join your party. She's simply a reason to mute your PC when you first enter the Hall.

TheWiSeFooL 01-10-2005 12:49 AM

I agree Branwen doesn't have the prettiest portrait (they do have hot figures though), I always used the brown haired girl portrait that looks the most like XENA as the PALADIN.
But Branwen is the best cleric you can get and you need one in your party for healing and class balance.

TheWiSeFooL 01-10-2005 12:54 AM

Actually Illuminatha, the character that you really shouldn't be able to stand listening to is XAN!!! 'onward to futility' or 'what is the point?'
but then again its rather funny 'the majesty of the forest makes me feel insignificant' or the hustle of the city makes me feel insignificant'
you'd rather hear someone want to kick butt with righteous fury like Anomen or Minsc.