Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Balduran's Ship (Spoiler) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1918)

paladinknight14 03-03-2002 12:52 AM

On the top of Balduran's ship, how can you kill Karuog. WHen he transforms into a greater wolfwere, he seems to be immune to my attacks. I am only using enchanted weapons like they said to, but he seems to ignore them. I am stuck.

Lemernis 03-03-2002 01:05 AM

To my knowledge the only weapons that will work are the Werebane Dagger, the Sword vs. Shapeshifters, and possibly Flame Tongue. The Sword of Balduran would be great but I have never figured out a way to get to it before the battle.

Lavindathar 03-03-2002 06:09 AM

<font color="cyan">I gave my tanks Sword vs Shapeshifting, and Flame Tongue. No wait, I did Durlag's after!!!

My Mage had the Werebane Dagger...Errmmm, not sure how I did it really! </font>

J'aran 03-03-2002 01:29 PM

It might be a good idea to use lots of offensive spells, like Flame Arrow and such. It's been a while since I've played BG1, so I can't recall exactly how I toppled him, but third-, fourth- and fifth level offensive wizard/priest spells can make a huge difference.

Sherpa Doug 03-03-2002 06:37 PM

I made a few of my people immune to fire with the priest spell. Only those people went up the stairs and then used potions of fire, arrows of detonation, and fireballs. It took a few tries to get the mix right.

On the other hand I can't find Maralees baby. Maybe the baby got burned to an indistinguishable cinder?!?! Where is the baby supposed to be?

Chris77Se 03-04-2002 12:49 PM

on the level beneath the final ship level is a weapon, which can hurt the bad guy.

Lavindathar 03-04-2002 07:43 PM

<font color="cyan">Thats the werebane dagger.</font>

Downunda 03-04-2002 08:32 PM

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Sherpa Doug:
On the other hand I can't find Maralees baby. Maybe the baby got burned to an indistinguishable cinder?!?! Where is the baby supposed to be?<hr></blockquote>

Baby is s'posed to be on top floor as part of Karougs partners inventory so it sounds like you may have "frigassied babe" on the menu tonight

SixOfSpades 03-04-2002 11:13 PM

Hm. Don't know what might have happened to Peladan (the baby).....sometimes, chunking an enemy (taking them down past -10 HP with the killing blow) or killing them with a Wand of Frost can destroy items they were carrying, but you didn't mention either of these tactics, and I think quest-specific items can't be destroyed anyway. Maybe it was under one of the charred bodies and it escaped your notice?

If you have ToSC (and of course you do), you can get a SECOND copy of the 'unique' Bastard Sword+3 against Shapeshifters. If you want to do some cheesy, unrealistic tricks (not cheating), you can get 4 of them. And you CAN get the Sword of Balduran before the fight, IF you're very good (or brave or stupid) with your Thief.