Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Branwen's Spiritual Hammer ability: How does it work? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4187)

Klorox 09-02-2006 11:31 PM

How powerful is this hammer of hers?

How do I know if I'm better off using a magic item (Ashideena) or this special ability?

How long does it last?

TIA

ister 09-05-2006 01:01 PM

It's identical to the 2nd level cleric spell. Check the details there.

I don't remember the duration, but it's basically enough for one fight and no more. The hammer is identical to a +1 hammer, but it disables her second weapon (usually a sling). So realistically the ability is useless once you have found a +1 hammer (or mace) for her to use. Ashideena is defintitely better. Until then it's quite handy though.

Klorox 09-05-2006 04:11 PM

The spell description says it is a ranged weapon. Can you throw her spiritual hammer?

Neo the Warrior Cat 09-06-2006 09:56 PM

The spell description lies in the BG series. They fixed it in IWD.

Lord 09-07-2006 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Neo the Warrior Cat:
In BG1 and BG2, the manuals are not completely precise. There are a few other mistakes in the manuals. Spiritual hammer creates a melee weapon.

ZFR 09-08-2006 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord:
In BG1 and BG2, the manuals are not completely precise. There are a few other mistakes in the manuals. Spiritual hammer creates a melee weapon.
It's not only the manual, the ingame spell description can be screwed up. Like writing that haste causes ageing.

Lord 09-08-2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ZFR:
It's not only the manual, the ingame spell description can be screwed up. Like writing that haste causes ageing.
It's possible that haste was meant to cause fatigue or something along those lines when the spell was first introduced. I say this because Prism consumes several oils of speed, and whether this was the cause for his exhaustion or the fact that he was on the run and not sleeping, I don't know, but the fatigue could be due to the oils of speed. I think I recall a description from BG2 that also says someone died at an early age due to drinking too many oils of speed.

Neo the Warrior Cat 09-08-2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lord:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Neo the Warrior Cat:

In BG1 and BG2, the manuals are not completely precise. There are a few other mistakes in the manuals. Spiritual hammer creates a melee weapon. </font>[/QUOTE]Manual?

I'm talking the spell description IN GAME.

ElfBane 09-09-2006 05:42 AM

From what I have read from previous posts, some spell descriptions were taken from the AD&D PnP manuals.. without bothering to check if that's the way the spell was supposed to work in the CP game. If you want your spells(and other things) to work as they would in PnP, try the mod "The Fields of the Dead", available at the Pocket Plane Group.
The mod can't make everything work as in PnP because of engine limitations, but it is interesting to play, especially if you have played the game 'straight' before.

[ 09-09-2006, 05:43 AM: Message edited by: ElfBane ]