Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   David Blaine (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87720)

Dragonshadow 09-15-2003 12:21 PM

Yes, the guy in the box. What do you think of him?

Personally, I support him. He has every right to hang in a box over the Themes if he wants.

DS

RoSs_bg2_rox 09-15-2003 12:36 PM

He does some pretty awesome card tricks. And have u seen him levitating? I dont know how he does it but it looks amazing!!

Kaltia 09-15-2003 02:09 PM

Attention-seeking git.

Mind you, it does increase the tourist trade.

SecretMaster 09-15-2003 03:09 PM

For those who are uneducated in the knowledge of people in the world (aka me), would you care to explain who this David Blaine is?
Heh

Rokenn 09-15-2003 03:11 PM

Have you seen the South Park ep with David Blaine? It's a hoot [img]smile.gif[/img]

Bruce The Aussie 09-15-2003 04:09 PM

i love that episode of south park...i think i have it somewhere....

all i can say about david blaine in a box is i think it'll be the next big thing since the pet rock...you can play with him, laugh at him wilst holding a cheeseburger near him, but not near enough and food bills for him are very low [img]smile.gif[/img]

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 09-15-2003 05:59 PM

he sealed himself in a see through box over a town in england for a period of like 40 days, from what I remember. i heard people were throwing stuff at him and stuff, thats pretty funny. I'de toss an egg at him.

Lord Lothar 09-15-2003 06:19 PM

<font color=cadetblue>Ah he's crazy. Some of the stuff he does is amazing though. His coin tricks and levitation are really neat.</font>

SpongeBobTheDestoyer 09-16-2003 12:18 AM

Secret Master - he a is street magician that also does a lot of other tricks that involve mind over matter. If there is real magic in this world, he is it. On the few shows I've seen him on - he leaves people in awe. It's one thing to trick a television audience but real people on the street get really freaked out. Another thing he did was sit in a block of ice for like 48 hrs or something. Doctors said it should have killed him.

I've seen the levitation trick on Magic's Greatest Secrets Revealed and it's all a simple trick with the angle at which you stand towards the audience. But when he did it, I could have sworn it was real. One of my favorite things I've seen him do and actually wish I could do is he went up to a couple having a picnic in the park and grabbed one of he guys empty beercans. He then had the guy smash it and make sure it was empty. Then he got the can from the dude and held it in his hand and shook it ever so slightly and it started to push itself back out and expand to how an unopened, undented beercan looks like. Then he popped the top and guzzled down a drink and gave the rest to the guy.

Luvian 09-16-2003 01:10 AM

I don't know about his other magic tricks, but I think staying 40 days in a box is not magic, it's endurance, and it's pretty stupid.