Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   NEW Forgotten Realms Book -- Alabaster Staff book cover! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39412)

Ziroc 01-24-2003 11:16 AM

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/07...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Looks to be yet another book I'll be reading! [img]smile.gif[/img]

it's the first in the Rogues series. As such, the main character is a rogue, and The Alabaster Staff is the relic that people are after. It changes hands... well, more than once.

It is set in Messemprar, the last major city in Unther yet unconquered, in the dead of winter.

[ 01-24-2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

Memnoch 01-25-2003 12:38 AM

I like the fact that it's set in Unther...there are very few novels set in the eastern part of Faerun, in the Old Kingdoms. I think the only novel I've read set in the southeast (past Calimshan, Tethyr, etc) was The Shadow Stone by Richard Baker - it was set in Chessenta.

Larry_OHF 01-25-2003 03:57 PM

<font color=skyblue>Yeah, 'bout time we started exploring new terrain.
By the way...what's the release date on this?

wizards.com did not have it posted last time I checked.</font>

AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe 02-04-2003 08:54 PM

looks like somone needs to make a trip to barnes and noble :D

Ziroc 08-17-2003 02:12 AM

It's finally out here in Florida (Alabaster Staff), but I got 2 books before it. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm finishing up 'Crypt of the Shadowkeeper' --- an old book, but I finlly FOUND! :D And red magic. *pretty much found all the old harper series books*!!! and 2 for $1.00! and they were in MINT cond.!!! WOW!

RoSs_bg2_rox 08-17-2003 10:50 AM

cant wait! how many of the forgotten realms books do u have Ziroc? I have quite a lot but have recently been reading the farseer books just started the second trilogy and its really good, I highly recommend it!

Larry_OHF 08-17-2003 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
cant wait! how many of the forgotten realms books do u have Ziroc? I have quite a lot but have recently been reading the farseer books just started the second trilogy and its really good, I highly recommend it!
<font color=skyblue>I'll tell you how many I have...All of them!
That is 139, which includes a few reprints in new artistic covers. I have made sure that not one book has been missed. </font>

Gangrell 08-17-2003 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:

That is 139, which includes a few reprints in new artistic covers. I have made sure that not one book has been missed. </font>
</font>[/QUOTE]Whoa, guess it's time for me to raid the hobby shops :D

Ziroc 08-18-2003 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

</font>[/QUOTE][img]smile.gif[/img] I am VERY close to you then. I have 121 FR Paperbacks, and 9 hardbacks/bigpaper backs.

I am buying the missing books on ebay. I usually have to buy like a 'group' of books to get just the one I need, so I have like 10 dupes total, so I guess I'm at your number INCLUDING dupes! :D :D

I just bought 'once around the realms' (which I hear is not hot) But I found an Original MINT Cond. 1st Print of 'Azure Bonds' which was a killer book, and that was also a Goldbox game! [img]smile.gif[/img] --Curse of the Azure Bonds--

Luvian 08-18-2003 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Ziroc:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Larry_OHF:

</font>[/QUOTE][img]smile.gif[/img] I am VERY close to you then. I have 121 FR Paperbacks, and 9 hardbacks/bigpaper backs.

I am buying the missing books on ebay. I usually have to buy like a 'group' of books to get just the one I need, so I have like 10 dupes total, so I guess I'm at your number INCLUDING dupes! :D :D

I just bought 'once around the realms' (which I hear is not hot) But I found an Original MINT Cond. 1st Print of 'Azure Bonds' which was a killer book, and that was also a Goldbox game! [img]smile.gif[/img] --Curse of the Azure Bonds--
</font>[/QUOTE]I own the 60 firsts I think. And a few Dragonlance ones.