Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What do you like most about Ironworks? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100372)

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 01-18-2009 09:03 AM

What do you like most about Ironworks?

Bumbus got me thinking about this, so I thought I would ask.

For me, it;s certainly the people first. But a very close second are the colour schemes. The brown back round is absolutely the best. And the yellow letter work great on the brown.

Too many forums have white for back round and I can't stay on there very long. Others are too dark

Felix The Assassin 01-18-2009 10:35 AM

Re: What do you like most about Ironworks?

It's all about the "Choc"!

I work with a group of like minded people, therefore I enjoy the blasphemy that I can encounter here on the CE forum. More importantly, here at the GD forum, some people are in need of assistance, or knowledge, or "how-to", and those threads are the best.

Larry_OHF 01-18-2009 10:40 AM

<font color=skyblue>This community has changed in it's role in my life more than once. Years ago, it was where I sought gaming help. Then it became a place for online friendships. These days, it serves as a place to read the opinions of people reacting to world news as well as a trustworthy spot that I can seek advice on whatever. </font>

Yorick 01-18-2009 09:42 PM

The peeps fo sho

Dragonshadow 01-19-2009 06:33 AM

Definatly the people.
You're all nutters for sure :P But the good kind of nutters.

ocellis 01-19-2009 06:08 PM

The BG2 forums, hands down. I also like the colour scheme, though.

Ladyzekke 01-19-2009 09:56 PM

I've seen this type of thread for so many years (I first came to Ironworks in 1999), and am really glad to see it still going on! :) Glad this place is still kicking and hasn't died out like many other places that blossomed at the same time IWs did. No doubt IWs isn't what it used to be in its first years, technology was so different then and we lacked a lot of features. LOL, I remember a person who could make a smiley was considered this amazing person LOL, cause nobody knew how to do the codes LOL.

One thing I love is that when I first came here in November of 1999, I was welcomed warmly. Today people are still welcomed warmly, if they introduce themselves. It is just kind of neat to me, that things are the same in some ways, even though there are now different people here than back then. Seems no matter what, no matter what time goes by, or how many people may come and go, this place still has a way of being this really special outpost that is attractive to visit. :)

Bungleau 01-19-2009 10:12 PM

I'll agree. I originally came here looking for help with W&W, and still provide help there occasionally. I've been on sites where "flame the n00b" is the most popular game, and I just don't enjoy that. I've never seen that here (although "Report the troll" is still a favorite game ;) ).

People. Lots of people from many diverse walks of life, from seasoned to green and everything in between. And while we can discuss a lot of things, for the most part no one tries to make anyone else feel bad or wrong for whatever their opinion is. Sure, people will try to help them "see the light" ;) but that's done in a positive way.

And I'll look forward to seeing a few of those people in Boston in a couple of weeks, too... :cheers:

Illumina Drathiran'ar 01-20-2009 01:54 AM

It's home.

machinehead 01-20-2009 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar (Post 1225144)
It's home.

I agree.