Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Irreversible lycanthropy? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54)

mir_ror 05-08-2000 12:10 AM

I've just obtained the Cloak of the Wolf, but after successfully using it the first time, I can't transform my character back into a human. The most I can manage is to switch back to my character's original quick wpns/items interface, while still retaining the shape of a wolf.
Is this a bug in the game, or is there something else I'm missing?
Please respond ASAP,
Thanks.

Moggl 05-10-2000 10:04 AM

Relair's Mistake - I think you'll change back after a while or when 'dispel magic' is cast on you, but it's definitely not like the shape-changing ability of druids.
Personally, I think the cloak is just there to be sold.

Warchild 05-13-2000 12:58 AM

Yeah you change back into your human self after a little while. And I agree with Moggl the cloak is really not worth having, just worth some money

Moggl 05-13-2000 06:47 AM

*POSSIBLE SPOILER*

This is the cave and the treasure that Safana is looking for. If you have her in the party when you find the treasure, she will ask you whether or not you'd like to keep her in the party. If you agree to keep her (she is a very good thief), she'll start to nag and to argue with you and the others in the party.
If you want to keep Safana in your party without any headaches, go to the cave BEFORE you pick up Safana, and NEVER take her to the cave.

Chronos 05-18-2000 10:59 PM

I think Dispel Magic will switch you back to human form.You should use the cloak only on a druid or multiclass druid.Besides,I can send you character files with 25 for all stats (where you don't need a stupid cloak to kick some major time ass)

mir_ror 05-20-2000 04:51 AM

Thanks for the response, but I wanted to test-fight my character in the shape of a wolf with the assurance that his 'paper-doll' won't be stuck in the image of a wolf permanently (since I don't have a lvl 7 druid in my party). Btw, thanks for the offer Chronos, but having god-like attributes would seriously dampen the thrill level of the game.

Lek Dukagjin 05-16-2002 01:52 PM

Moggl - I've NEVER had that problem, but I went to that cave long after I pulled Safana. I kept her as a member. Did you put her at your party's head or just as a non-leader? I put her at my party's head, so she might not have complained as she did with you...

Morgeruat 05-16-2002 04:24 PM

did u try using the cloak on yourself again? it always worked for me

SixOfSpades 05-16-2002 10:06 PM

The spell has a duration of 8 hours. So resting or traveling should make it wear off. Kinda fun using the cloak on each member of your party, and having a pack of wolves running around BG city (Going into stores & buying stuff, trying to get lucky in the Undercellar, etc).

Triconan 06-02-2002 08:27 PM

I don't know if this really works but I was messing around with the cloak of the wolf and enabled the wolf me to use an axe. A glitch or not a glitch that is the question.

[img]graemlins/neo1.gif[/img]