Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   beckham injured!!! (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74226)

norompanlasolas 04-10-2002 07:19 PM

absolutely unbelievable. the unthinkable finally happened. i was watching the game with an english friend whos a fanatical manu supporter and he just froze when we logged to internet after the game and read what happened. he went home pale. he still couldnt believe it.

worst of all, he shouldnt have been playing against deportivo as he made it just in time (after tristan atrocious tackle in riazor). hes broken a bone in his foot and could be out 6 to 8 weeks. he could come back to face argentina in the world cup, but unfit and without football.

im really sorry, because i like to see the best players in the world cup. this is a major blow to the england squad and for him. :(

/)eathKiller 04-10-2002 08:53 PM

that's unbelievable! man! good sports aren't good without good players!

For your listening Pleasure:
Never Winter Nights Track #15

Donut 04-12-2002 06:53 AM

And it was an Argentinian who did it!

GokuZool 04-12-2002 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Donut:
Maby it was payback from when Beckham took out that Argentinian guy in 98'.

Barb 04-12-2002 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by GokuZool:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Donut:

Maby it was payback from when Beckham took out that Argentinian guy in 98'.</font>[/QUOTE]Beckham only tapped Simione in 98 and no damage was done.

Beckham has a light plaster cast onand can still go to the gym and work out, he's not going to come back bloated or anything.

England still have options on the right, they could have Dyer, Sinclair, Anderton, or they could play with Hargreaves down the right. They cant get people who can cross as well, but they could use people who take on players, scholes can play down the right and take on players then deliver short accurate passes.

Rikard_OHF 04-12-2002 09:56 AM

Duscher
Who ehm should have gotten 3 yellow cards but ehm the referee missed something i think...

Grojlach 04-13-2002 07:55 AM

Now you know what we Dutchies went through when Ruud van Nistelrooij got seriously injured close to the European Championships held in our own country...

Evil Al 04-13-2002 08:24 AM

Did anyone see "The Sun" news paper or day time TV yesterday? People were trying to get us to put our hands on the TV or news paper and say "get better Beckham".
Lol, i want him to get better so he can play in the world cup but i don't think thats going to work.
Besides don't you think that it would be dangerous for Beckham to play? He might say that he's better when he isn't, so he might hurt himself even more... Lets just hope Beckham has a brain in his head....

Asphyxiate 04-13-2002 10:22 AM

It's funny - my personal opinion in this is that we need Beckham in the game for morale reasons just as much as his magic feet. Don't get me wrong: I'm not saying the boy ain't gold (ManU supporter from Hell) but the team's still a team without him. If he was to miss games up to and including the World Cup I don't think the rest of the boys would play as well as they should. That all being said I was absolutely gutted when I read that he was injured.

The Sun is absolutely ridiculous. It may be an institution in our wonderfully eclectic country, but it's still utter bollocks at times. Page 3 all the way though :D