Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   A few mysterious items purposes in the game {*spoilers*) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3893)

TheWiSeFooL 12-12-2004 05:32 AM

Please only hints here on what to do with these, if there any special purposes to them?

1) GOLDEN PANTALOONS

2) AUTOGRAPHS of Darryl, Darryl and LARRY.

3) A Letter - Why does a chair have arms and legs but cannot walk or hold
things like a man does?
From what I remember I think that was the note) You can
sell this in a store for 100 GOLD?!

4) The belt of masculinity and feminity? (Is it just a cursed item?)

5) There is a THIEF you meet outside of the Thalyntre castle - he says there is
a powerful mage nearby (Can only be Thalyntre?) that has great treasure
(Does this have something to do with the lightning that goes in circles
around the giant crystal in the centre??? What is the significance of this?
just decoration?)guarded by creatures (FLESH GOLEMS?) I can't seem to find
this place....is it Thalyntres stronghold - I have already slain both
golems! Do you have to kill the wizard as well?

Thanks

Kaelas 12-12-2004 06:51 AM

1) Not useful in BG per se, but if you keep them on your character when you import it into BG2 you might just find them useful after finding more of their kind... (not to spoil too much)

2) Just a little easter-egg if I remember correctly.

3) Dunno.

4) I think it changes your gender if you put it on.

5) If I remember correctly there is a quest that actually causes you to enter the wizard's castle and eventually kill him. The tower offers some loot as does the mage's body but that's about it I think.

It's been quite some time since I've played BG so my answers are probably not that helpful. I'm pretty sure though that others can fill in the blanks I've left. [img]smile.gif[/img]

RoSs_bg2_rox 12-12-2004 07:42 AM

1)Keep them for BG2, and collect the other pairs ;)
2)Just one of the acts of comedy in the game, can be sold for a lot of money if you know the right place.
3)I can't remember this one, where did you get the letter from?
4)Yes, it changes your gender and therefore is cursed. Can be quite fun though.
5)My advice is don't kill him since he doesn't leave anything good, and he sells a lot of good stuff when he is alive. Also, there isn't really a quest, and you don't actually get a reward for doing this.

ZFR 12-12-2004 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:

2)Just one of the acts of comedy in the game, can be sold for a lot of money if you know the right place.

the right place? Ive played the game sever times and cant say I know which place youre referring to. Spoil me.

About the pantaloons. Besides exporting to BG2, you can give them back to the noble for some XP or if you keep them later a person in Baldurs gate will take them from you after some dialogue.

vesselle 12-12-2004 12:51 PM

keep the golden pantaloons. take them and their brothers all the way thru TOB for a very special forged item.

larry, daryl and daryl... tv stars from an old comedy called "the bob newhart show"... hence their autographs

V***V

[ 12-12-2004, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: vesselle ]

pritchke 12-13-2004 12:54 PM

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#00FF00">I am wondering!!! If I put this belt belt of masculinity and feminity on Khalid or Jaheria would there be new dialogue? Probably not, but the designers could have had a field day with this belt if they wanted.</font>

[ 12-13-2004, 12:55 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]

RoSs_bg2_rox 12-13-2004 01:44 PM

ZFR, think strange ;)

Feldeposts may help you out.

Andyr 12-13-2004 08:30 PM

Changing the gender of characters with the belt has no effect on dialogue.

bjorn 12-14-2004 05:50 AM

i may be wrong but i think that a female can challenge Shaar teal if she first puts on that belt.

Andyr 12-14-2004 01:26 PM

Yes, that'd probably work actually. Though your female PC would then be a male.