Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Dog Meat? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8688)

Majestic Galen 07-16-2002 01:48 AM

Alright, so I shoot the dogs to make the dog meat stew. Then I can't seem to navigate to where the meat is. When I finally find it, it's in a different place from where I actually shot the dogs.

Anyway....I put it on the stove and....nothing. Says I need more dog meat. Problem. There are no more dogs, and no more meat.

Somebody PLEASE toss me an e-mail at david@dmrussell.com and tell me what to do.

-D

LennonCook 07-16-2002 03:32 AM

<font color="lightblue">You need 4 dog meats. They should all be in the courtyard somewhere. </font>

Sir Exxon 07-16-2002 06:33 AM

<font color="gold">Go out in the courtyard, and press tab. This should highlight the rest of the meat. ;) </font>

LennonCook 07-16-2002 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
<font color="gold">Go out in the courtyard, and press tab. This should highlight the rest of the meat. ;) </font>
<font color="lightblue">I think that only works if you have TOB installed, because it has never worked for me [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img] </font>

Sir Exxon 07-16-2002 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by LennonCook:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Exxon:

<font color="lightblue">I think that only works if you have TOB installed, because it has never worked for me [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img] </font></font>[/QUOTE]<font color="gold">Maybe you're right. I dont know, I've always had ToB when using tab. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Dundee Slaytern 07-16-2002 07:35 AM

The Tab function only comes with ToB.

Sir Exxon 07-16-2002 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
The Tab function only comes with ToB.
<font color="gold">Ok. That's too bad, though, it's a really useful function at times. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>

Dundee Slaytern 07-16-2002 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
<font color="gold">Ok. That's too bad, though, it's a really useful function at times. [img]smile.gif[/img] </font>
Aye, I have found containers that I would otherwise never found before, like some of the nook and crannies in the Five Flagon's Inn.

the great glockorando 07-16-2002 12:09 PM

I spent 10 minutes trying to find all the dog meat, (I had the same problem), I made the stew, and then I completely forgot to use it.
I wiped out the umberhulks with cloudkill. The stew is useless anywhere else in the game (when you face umberhulks) , btw.

I haven't installed ToB yet, but I thought once you installed it,
you can no longer visit Altahka or anywhere else?...

Sazerac 07-16-2002 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by the great glockorando:
I spent 10 minutes trying to find all the dog meat, (I had the same problem), I made the stew, and then I completely forgot to use it.
I wiped out the umberhulks with cloudkill. The stew is useless anywhere else in the game (when you face umberhulks) , btw.

I haven't installed ToB yet, but I thought once you installed it,
you can no longer visit Altahka or anywhere else?...

Oh, no...you can play all the way through SoA with it installed. It adds some new features, raises the XP cap to 8,000,000, and puts a new dungeon, "Watcher's Keep", that can be accessed from SoA. It also puts the last 3 chapters onto the game, and after you complete Chapter 7 and go to Chapter 8, then you can no longer reach Athkatla.

You get 18,500 XP for feeding the stew to the umber hulks, but that's all you missed out on.

-Sazerac