Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Sorcerors VS Wizards (NOT) Clerics VS Wizards (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12584)

Sythe 04-23-2003 08:51 PM

I AM BAAACK I for the first time in a while have time to use the computor YEAH!!! (I doubt any of you missed I am so heart broken [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] ) heh heh just joking
:
Me and my friend are having an argument again telling eachother which class is better. I say

Wizards because....
-They can cast spells that grants them physical and spell protection
-Have more offensive spells
-Can cast devastating spells such as timestop
-Can learn any spell scroll they come across (Unless the mage is a sorceror or a wizard of a certain school unable to learn the scroll since its from the opposing school.)

What I say Clerics are good for are........
-healing party members and him or herself.
-Casting spells that would protect and enhance the abilties of party members.

What is your opinion and when I mean wizards I meant sorcerors and mages.

IronDragon 04-23-2003 09:58 PM

I’m partial to Clerics for my PC.
Clerics level up fast and gain quite a few decent spells.
Nature’s beauty
Sunray
Earthquake
Holy word
Summoned elementals automatically come under their control, no battle of wits there.

Better still they can wear just about any armor, any helm and wield some of the best weapons in the game.

The Lilarcor 04-23-2003 10:17 PM

Wizards can cast off scrolls and have choice in their spells
Clerics, though has limited spells, always has spells and doesn't have to look for scrolls.

TheCrimsomBlade 04-23-2003 10:26 PM

Sorcerer:
Races; Male/Female - Human,Elf or Half-elf.

Strengths; doesn't need to memorize spells, doesn't use spell scrolls, doen't rest to replenish spells

Weaknesses; very low Hit Points,Very limited spell library and Not as cool as A pure Mage. Can't duel class and can't specialize in magic like A Mage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mage/Wizard:
Races; Male/Female - Human,Elf,Half-Elf or Gnome.

Strengths; Uses Extremely powerful Magic,When at max level probably the most powerful character in the game and can expell useless spells from spellbook and replace with more useful or more powerful spells.

Weaknesses; Very,very low hit points,Useless in melee combat, must rest to replenish spells and must rest to activate new spells.

"You chose which is better" I choose Mage/Wizard!

[ 04-23-2003, 10:30 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]

Sythe 04-25-2003 10:07 PM

WHAT!? Are you serious crimson Sorcerors can't dual are you really really sure (I hope so)

Dundee Slaytern 04-26-2003 01:34 AM

If Sorcerers could dual... you would have seen a lot of fanboys running around squealing over their Kensai->Sorcerer or Thief->Sorcerer.

*shudder*

As it is, Sorcerers are not allowed to dualclass. Thank goodness for that.

Stratos 04-26-2003 08:50 AM

Well IMHO wizards (mages, sorecerers) and priests (clerics, druids) can´t really be compared to each other as they have completely different roles. The wizards role is to hurt and the priest role is to heal (simplified of course.) In a fight a somewhat high-level wizards would win over a equal-leveled priest unless he really screws up. In the game it doesn´t matter which one you choose, it´s just a matter of personal preference.