Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Plate of the Dark? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1986)

Mellagar 03-17-2002 09:21 PM

I saw this in a list of items that can be found in BG. Does TotSC need to be installed to get this?

Hayashi 03-18-2002 02:46 AM

If the item description is found in the main BG manual, then no, you don't need ToSC installed.

Lavindathar 03-18-2002 04:25 AM

<font color="cyan">Plate of the dark???

Can't say I've ever heard of this...is their a word after dark??

The only armour I can recall with something to do with "dark" is Shadow Armour!</font>

[ 03-18-2002, 04:29 AM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]

Little Dragon 03-18-2002 07:39 AM

I saw a list with this on but it was a list for BG2 i think.

J'aran 03-18-2002 10:05 AM

Plate of the Dark... now I've played these games lots of times, but I can't remember ever having anything to do with a Plate of the Dark in either BG1, TotSC, SoA and ToB. Maybe it's from one of the unofficial add-ons Dark Side of the Sword Coast or The Darkest Day? Or an item custom created by a player with the Infinity Engine item editor?

The Ozzman 03-19-2002 01:52 AM

**********SPOILER***********

Perhaps you are referring to the Full Plate +1 that is worn by Tamoko? It is dark in color and I'm not sure of it's actual title but the word "dark" might be in it. You can get it if you use the right dialoge when she approaches you outside the sorceress sundries, and then again outside the flaming fist, she will then appear right before you are to duke it out with Sarevok in the undercity, and this time you can fight her.

[ 03-19-2002, 01:54 AM: Message edited by: The Ozzman ]

The Ozzman 03-19-2002 07:26 AM

The armor worn by Tamoko is indeed the 'plate of the dark' here is the background on the item:
Armor Class: 0
Weight: 35
Not Usable By Bard, Druid, Mage, Thief
Dark Lord Hertious, undead Warlord of Bane, wore this piece of armor for over 500 years. During this time he was rumored to dwell in a castle somewhere within the Earthfast Mountains. How his armor moved to other lands without him is not certain, though the separation of the two was surely unpleasant.

Lavindathar 03-21-2002 04:17 PM

<font color="cyan">Well, I never got this in all my times playing through!!!

Well done Ozzman!!!</font>

khazadman 03-21-2002 09:28 PM

you can get it off sarevok if you have the "gorion wins" script in your game.you don't have to kill anything to get this +1 armor and comes in handy early in the game.

SixOfSpades 03-21-2002 10:11 PM

It's also possible to loot the Full Plate+1 (aka Plate of the Dark, but Full Plate+1 is the more common name because it's easier to write) from the Demonknight in Durlag's Tower--but ONLY if you kill him when he's on the ground floor. (Doing this is almost impossible, though. I've done it without cheating--once.)

It's unfortunate that you can't find the Full Plate+1 sooner in the game, as it's THE best armor for Fighter/Thieves.