Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Computer Graphics or Console Graphics (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93119)

BaRoN NiGhT 03-04-2005 05:27 PM

Just a simple question, which are better?I don't know whether I'm right or wrong but it seems that graphics between these two aren't much different but how come with a lower specification, console games (such as PS) run faster? Is it true that console graphics beats computer graphics? Thx

The Fallen One 03-04-2005 06:25 PM

Because consoles dont need to run OSs unlike PCs which takes ALOT of power [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Stratos 03-04-2005 07:20 PM

Which have the best graphics depends entirely on the specs of the computer and waht console you're comparing with.

RoSs_bg2_rox 03-04-2005 07:28 PM

No. Consoles graphics are pretty crap in comparison with today's latest graphics cards (full spec Doom III, name me one game which comes close on a console)

Also, the speed of loading times has a lot to do with your computer, good ones have very fast loading times, which easily beat consoles.

It all depends on your system.

Hivetyrant 03-04-2005 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
name me one game which comes close on a console
Chronicles of Riddick on XBOX easy matches Doom III on full specs, though it is the only game that would get even close.

[ 03-05-2005, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]

Ziroc 03-05-2005 12:12 AM

Simple. PC. XBOX can only do lower res textures, and the highest they can do is 256x256, and PC's can do anything as long as you have the ram on the card to buffer it! Same for PS2.

Anyway, the XBOX uses the Nvidia NV20, which is quite outdated now in terms of PC cards on the market these days.

You can upgrade PC video, you cannot on a console. PC is just better, and you really can't compare them.

RoSs_bg2_rox 03-05-2005 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:

Chronicles of Riddick on XBOX easy matches Doom II on full specs, though it is the only game that would get even close. </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah, Doom II maybe ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hivetyrant 03-05-2005 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by RoSs_bg2_rox:

Chronicles of Riddick on XBOX easy matches Doom II on full specs, though it is the only game that would get even close. </font>[/QUOTE]Yeah, Doom II maybe ;) [img]tongue.gif[/img] </font>[/QUOTE]You obviously havn't played the game then.......
Trust me, Chronicles of Riddick:Escape from butcher bay looks every bit as good as Doom III.

[ 03-05-2005, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]

Lucern 03-05-2005 06:13 PM

lol, I think RoSs was pointing out that Hive accidentally typed Doom II rather than Doom III at first.

I'll trust you that Chronicles of Riddick looks as good as Doom 3, but I'll assume that most titles look better than Doom 2 nowdays hehe.

Hivetyrant 03-05-2005 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lucern:
lol, I think RoSs was pointing out that Hive accidentally typed Doom II rather than Doom III at first.
Oh right.... Didnt see that [img]tongue.gif[/img]