Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Anyway to check if a company did send me an email I haven't received? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=100519)

ZFR 02-22-2009 12:34 PM

Anyway to check if a company did send me an email I haven't received?

Basically, my flight was rescheduled, and according to the airlines company I was sent an email about this (they gave me the date when it was sent). I haven't received any email from them (yes, I checked the spam folder, I have spam filtering off but I checked that just to make sure).

Is there any way to check if they really did send it?

Bungleau 02-22-2009 01:13 PM

Re: Anyway to check if a company did send me an email I haven't received?

You can check with your mail service provider to ask them to check their logs, but don't expect a fast response.

I'd ask the airline to confirm what address they sent it to and to forward you a copy, since you can't find a record of it and need to figure out what happened.

thecarrotdude 02-22-2009 01:20 PM

I had to get an email to get my phone fixed and they said they sent me an email, but I could never find it. So I kept on calling them till it actually showed up. And multiple emails never showed up, just one. I would suggest to check whether they have the correct email, and ask them to send it again.

ZFR 02-22-2009 02:03 PM

Yes, the adress to which according to them the email was sent to is correct.

It's not the email itself that I want but proof whether it was sent or not. I had to rebook other connecting flights on different airlines and I'm trying to get a compensation for for those additional costs since they failed to inform me of the reschedule (had they informed me I would've travelled on an earlier flight so as not to miss my connecting flight)...

Anyway, according to them I was sent an email.

I just want to know whether they really did send it and it hasn't been delivered to me (i.e. not their fault) or whether they are just making this up. I'm suspecting it's the latter because the guy at the check in counter told me they haven't informed me because I didn't provide my contact details (which I did... I booked online so I had to), then at the registration office they said I was informed about it on the 26th of Jan and that I should contact customer support, and now customer support is telling me I was sent an email on the 27th... it seems odd.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 02-22-2009 02:42 PM

I know that will my provider (Aliant) I can also check their server to see if there are any emails sitting there, that have not been sent to me. You have that option aslo.

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 02-22-2009 02:42 PM

I know that will my provider (Aliant) I can also check their server to see if there are any emails sitting there, that have not been sent to me. You have that option also.

(ooopsie)

Bungleau 02-22-2009 04:19 PM

Document all these things... when one person tells you an email was sent on the 26th, and another on the 27th, and so on. At some point, it will be your word against theirs... and a preponderance of evidence can work wonders in your favor.

ZFR 02-22-2009 07:49 PM

Any suggestions on how to proceed? if they say I was sent an email it looks like my word against theirs... I have nothing in writing from them except this last email from them, and a note saying I was at the airport at the original departure time.

Lavindathar 02-22-2009 08:22 PM

<font color="cyan">Send them a letter asking for compensation. Just nice and simple. You weren't informed etc.

This claim will be denied, in writing by them. They will say they informed you via email etc.

(contact your MSP and ask for the logs, they will have them).

Respond with the conflicting reports provided to you. Respond with the result of the logs. Ask for a reciept of the email being sent.

At this point, you will either know that they sent it or they didnt via your MSP. If they did, unlucky. They did nothing wrong.

If they didn't, they will most likely back down. As the next step is a filing a civil claim in court.</font>

Variol (Farseer) Elmwood 02-22-2009 09:21 PM

..in the future, I would leave your email off the flight confirmation; forcing them to call you instead.