Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   NWN: Diamond or Plantinum Edition? (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37136)

Albromor 08-27-2006 08:58 PM

If you read my post a few days ago you know that I can't load NWN. I am wondering if it is because one or more of my CD's are corrupt so I thought about getting either the Diamond or Plantinum edition of the game new. However, I've heard that the Diamond edition is Atari's concoction and they have put their own security garbage on the disks and can cause issues. Is this true?

What would you suggest?

[ 08-27-2006, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Albromor ]

robertthebard 08-27-2006 09:40 PM

I haven't heard, but I have the platinum edition installed on this rig, and I run just fine.

Albromor 08-27-2006 10:10 PM

robertthebard, thanks for the reply. Does the plantinum edition have anything else besides the OC and both expansions?

ZFR 08-28-2006 05:04 AM

Corrupt discs, as in damaged/scratched? I don't think the game would install normally if it was so. And anyway if it is, maybe it would be better to buy one of those CD repair kits rather than a whole new game?

robertthebard 08-28-2006 05:25 AM

It has a few of the earlier Developer mods on it, The Dark Ranger's Treasure, The Winds of Eormore (sp), and one other one I believe. Considering the cost of replacing the game individually, it's a lot cheaper, and it's all on three discs instead of 5.

Stonewarrior 08-28-2006 02:29 PM

I have the Diamond edition and have had no problems whatsoever. Of course I have only been playing regularly for a week and a half. ;~) It has the expansions as well as Kingmaker, To Heir is Human, Winds of Eremor and the Dark Ranger (if memory serves).

Larry_OHF 12-21-2006 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Albromor:
If you read my post a few days ago you know that I can't load NWN. I am wondering if it is because one or more of my CD's are corrupt so I thought about getting either the Diamond or Plantinum edition of the game new. However, I've heard that the Diamond edition is Atari's concoction and they have put their own security garbage on the disks and can cause issues. Is this true?

What would you suggest?

<font color=skyblue>I know this is thread necromancy, but I was using the search feature and came across this...and I had something important to add for anyone who may want to know in the future.

The Diamond ed. is indeed an atari thing, and they did add some junk to the security so much so that its rendered difficult for some people to play it out of the box. However, I hear that all it takes to repair this mess is an updated patching before attempting to game.

</font>

Bozos of Bones 12-21-2006 08:19 PM

To my utter disappointment, there is not a single copy of Diamond or Platinum in Croatia. Not one. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nula.
*shakes fist*

The.Relic 12-23-2006 01:26 AM

I had the original NWN, and purchased the Mod pack later. But I still went ahead and bought the Platinum and reinstalled, and it does seem to run cleaner and smoother, as well as clearing up some minor glitches I was having.