Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   solo monk vs. WK (minor spoiler) (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19602)

untouchable 12-27-2002 08:47 PM

I'm on the second level of WK and I've just finished doing all the durty work so that the chromatic demon can be released. My monk then tries all his tricks, GWW, Hardiness, Stuning Blow and Quivering Palm. Nothing hits him hard enough. Each hit only deals one damage. From the notes in the librarys and personal experience I have deduced that he is almost imune to physical damage but is vulnerable to certain element in his different forms. How is a solo monk supposed to defeate him? He deals 20-30 damage a hit and is hasted. Any help is much appreciated.

BlackJack21 12-28-2002 02:09 AM

For the Chromatic Demon, Flail of Ages is extremely helpful. I suggest GWW dual-wielding FoA and Frostweaver. The slow of the FoA is very effective.

Sir Exxon 12-28-2002 08:04 AM

<font color="gold">Well, you can always do it the way it is supposed to be done, by running through the elemental rooms. The Chromatic Demon will follow you, so when he is in e.g. Acid form, take him to the Cold room, etc. ;) </font>

untouchable 12-28-2002 11:40 AM

can't use FOA. I never thought about running through the rooms cus I was able to just kill him in all my other games. Time to try it. Many thanks.

untouchable 12-28-2002 08:24 PM

I'm still unable to get him. His forms don't seam to take any additional damage in any of the rooms. Even with Hardiness he deals out about 25 dmg per hit! I've tried hidding behind green slime's in the slime room and throuwing sling stones at him, but he seems to regenerate as fast as I can hurt him. Please help me.

Dundee Slaytern 12-29-2002 01:38 AM

Quivering Palm should be your best bet. Quickload if it fails.

Bardan the Slayer 12-30-2002 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sir Exxon:
<font color="gold">Well, you can always do it the way it is supposed to be done, by running through the elemental rooms. The Chromatic Demon will follow you, so when he is in e.g. Acid form, take him to the Cold room, etc. ;) </font>
More Info please [img]smile.gif[/img] I've never used this tactic. he always just fell easily to my party. (Well, sometimes not so easily ;) )

daan 12-30-2002 02:06 PM

Yeah, you got me interested too Exxon [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I thought you were simply supposed to hit him with weapons and spells that did elemental damage, opposite to his elemental-form.
I never thought of running through rooms with him ...

[img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] Explain [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

Alson 12-30-2002 02:35 PM

It is but a mere speculation, but...

Level 2 Spoilers!
There are four different types of elements on this floor.
Each type has its own library and laboratory. Each laboratory deals damage of its appropriate type - Fire laboratory deal fire damage, Air laboratory deal lightning damage, etc...
Surprisngly enough, the Chromatic Demon has four different forms, each vulnerable to a specific kind of damage. ;)
This is the tricky part - you have to lure each form of the demon to its appropriate laboratory. You can either lock him there until he switches form, or lead him to a merry chase inside the laboratory. Be sure to protect yourself from the damage, though. ;)
This way probably takes eons, but it sounds quite fun...
I think i'll try it next time! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Is that what you meant, Sir Exxon?

[ 12-30-2002, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: Alson ]

Bardan the Slayer 12-30-2002 03:07 PM

Yeah, but doesn't the demon regenerate? That means it would get back all the points it lost form the different rooms while you were sheperding people around :(

Interesting, though, and worth a try.

Oh, and i forgot, if you try to seal the dmon in a room, it has a very disconcerting habit of leaving the room and walking into the corridor :(

[ 12-30-2002, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: Bardan the Slayer ]