Ironworks Gaming Forum

Ironworks Gaming Forum (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/index.php)
-   Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   How long.... (http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9281)

Myaski 08-28-2002 01:43 AM

How long is the underdark in chapter 5...i need to know whether to leave imoen dead or to keep loading until she isnt.

TaSSaDaR 08-28-2002 01:59 AM

You can hit it very fast, but i suggest you do all the quests and earn all the XP (exterminate mind flayers, beholders etc, do in all the drow in the city). Fastest way - do the gnomish quest - kill the demon, then talk to the dragon, then go to the city and get the key from that $%#@ drow princess, then steal the eggs and return to the dragon ;)

And why does Imoen die? She is pretty good at casting Shadow Door if things get nasty...And she didnt die a time in my game.

Myaski 08-28-2002 02:08 AM

Well MY imoen is a pos! i only use her for findtrap/pick locks. I just got the bitch back and as soon as i get out of this godforsaken place im getting jan!

TaSSaDaR 08-28-2002 03:12 AM

Dunno. I prefer Imoen. You know, I am a do-goodie, and she is my sister... Couldn't abandon poor girl in that old, cold, fearful and dark dungeon, without soul but with a vampire on her back...

Fiend 08-28-2002 03:55 AM

I always would take jan over imoen. those high-level thief abilities make it worth it-just a random 1, plucked out of the air, use ANY item. His thieving skills are quite good and they get better. not a bad mage either.
--------------------
Bhaal's Personal Tormentor.
[img]graemlins/diablo.gif[/img]
Full-time Reaper of Soul's.

pcgiant 08-28-2002 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
Fastest way - do the gnomish quest - kill the demon, then talk to the dragon, then go to the city and get the key from that $%#@ drow princess, then steal the eggs and return to the dragon ;)

Actually, it might be faster just to leave via the Kuo-Toa exit... I'm not sure whether you can do that right away, if not, kill the gnome, take the gem, kill Adalon, then leave. That should do it. Of course, this is perhaps more of an evil path.

Vedran 08-28-2002 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by TaSSaDaR:
Dunno. I prefer Imoen. You know, I am a do-goodie, and she is my sister... Couldn't abandon poor girl in that old, cold, fearful and dark dungeon, without soul but with a vampire on her back...
I say:
"*You* will probably die. *I* am going after Irenicus. Good bye."
Then she leaves to Copper Coronet. So, she knows where the exit is? (Thanks for telling me, sister!)

When I get to her, I am 14-15 level. She is 10! Not worth the trouble...

Morgeruat 08-28-2002 08:46 AM

that's how i feel, and how i felt in bg1 when you could get some very kewl NPC's (Tiax, Quayle, the dwarf cleric, some others, but not until the end of the game, I like to work with my guys from as close to the beginning of the game as possible, makes sure I have plenty of time to learn them and make strategies that work well, as well as train their hp's to max, and give them the proficiencies I want them to have, not the ones the game gives them to spite me.

[ 08-28-2002, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]

Firestormalpha 08-28-2002 03:53 PM

Myaski again I'm telling you that obscene language is not permitted in these forums. Edit it before you even make the original post.

Kaltia 08-28-2002 04:04 PM

And also I would be much obliged if you could remember to put a spoiler warning in your post or the topic title.