View Single Post
Old 03-14-2003, 12:41 AM   #4
Manshoon

The second option Six listed seems a little like it's too big of a pain in the butt, honestly. I just think of how annoying it is bringing a new NPC into my party that I want to keep. I need to completely stock them up with the best items I can afford, possibly from items I'd been lugging around knowing I'd recruit this particular person. Then I have to go all over and spend all my hard earned money buying this slouch the coolest gear they've ever seen, cutting into the funds my party has already earned before we even MET the new guy/girl. Then I need to reconfigure my party, calculating them into my new battle strategy after carefully examining the new options presented by this new addition. And finally, test and retest in battle, realizing slowly that the reason I'm not leveling as quickly is the fact that the chump in the dentless new armor is standing back soaking up some of my EXP. grrrrrrrr

But that's just me whining. It would REALLY become a pain considering that I'd have to go through that process every time I bring someone along with me, and then have to sell all the gear, and buy back a whole new set of equipment for the next NPC just to do their quests, rinse and repeat. Otherwise I can see that I'd spend the money I didn't spend on equipment for them to resurrect them instead, since they'd be getting spanked while I tried to defend them instead of killing bad guys.

I've never solo'd before, but I'd say that going 100% alone is probably best... unless you just leave the NPC at the map entrance and go without them to kill everything.