View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #48
SecretMaster
Apophis

Default Re: New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
I find that the people opposed to Global Warming are really just opposed on political grounds.

Global Warming itself doesn't matter, it's just another battlefield. It could be about anything. It's always about "secret agendas" and "limiting rights". It's THOSE things, real or not, they really disagree with. When they say "Global Warming doesn't exist" what they really mean is "I disagree with legislations." And because of that it is impossible for them to agree under any circumstance. That would mean betraying their politics.

It's about politics to them and discussing politics with a partisan is useless. They don't want a discussion, they want a platform to spread their party.

But if you really want to discuss Global Warming you're better off forgetting about the "real or not" part and talking about the proposed policies. It's the real source of the discussion, backward as that may be.
Yep. Ultimately people have an issue with the political side of the issue. I don't have a stance really when it comes to political stuff because I really don't know. I hate politics, and I'm much more comfortable talking about stuff related to the field I'm in, which has little room for bullshit (despite what Azred and Co. claim).
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote