View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 03:19 PM   #6
Spiff
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, the leveling for the fighter mage thief is a bit slow, but I needed a character to fill in both the mage and theif roles while still having some fighting skills and weapon choices.

Anyways, this is my party currently:

1) Human Paladin(25), one of two main tanks, large swords+shield or bow

2) Human Fighter(13)/Cleric(25), other main tank, mastered maces but uses fast flail+shield.

3) Half-Elf Cleric(19)/Ranger(16), tries to be a front line fighter but AC doesn't let him. Uses both flail and sling, but flail more often than not.

4) Half-Elf Fighter(18)/Druid(18), scimitar and sling, favors the sling and spells mainly, but recently has been on the front lines taking advantage of the elemental forms.

5) Half-Elf Fighter(14)/Mage(14)/Thief(17), short swords, great swords and bow. Main scout and trap dummy, backstabs with the short sword when scouting but otherwise uses bow and spells. Has a back up great sword which she uses when out of arrows.

6) Half-Elf Bard(30), either sings, casts or shoots a crossbow or bow. The spells are pretty good, but I don't like the bard songs. Will be replacing this character since she can't level anymore and I wasn't all that happy with her.

So I already have both arcane and druidic spells, but the party seems a bit heavy on the bludgeoning weapons. That is what half the pary uses for the most part. Adding in a druid who's ranged weapon would be a sling would just add to that, so I'm leaning towards adding a second fighter/mage. That would allow me to use a bow or crossbow and some of the neat axes I've found.

The party doesn't seem short on anything. If I had to add one more thing it would probably be another good ranged attacker. I keep finding myself putting the first four characters in melee and leaving the bard and mage out to either cast spells or shoot. However the bard doesn't do much shooting with that one attack a round on the crossbow, so she ends up singing more often than not. That just leaves one character splitting their time between shooting and casting. Not too bad, but another archer would be nice.

I'm currently going through lower dorn's deep and have already completed the expansion, been playing on insane for the exp boost too.
How close am I to the end of the game? If I don't have that much further to go (not much more exp to earn and chance to level someone new) I might just keep this party and then mix them up for a HoF game.
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote