View Single Post
Old 03-20-2001, 10:53 PM   #5
Dying Sun
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hiya Saz! Congratulations on the moderatorship, by the way.. I just noticed the stars!

Did you ever play any of the old gold box SSI series? That was the first CRPG I was exposed to, Pool of Radiance.

I used to P&P role-play a lot, though, AD&D.. I remember those days well. Sometimes we'd go hours without rolling any dice; that was the best way to judge a good pen & paper RPG experience; the longer you went without disrupting the versimilitude with a die roll, the better.

First level characters running in terror from kobolds down unfamiliar, rainy alleyways...

Second level characters fleeing in fear from zombies in the decaying, moldy halls of a long forgotten crypt of some unholy king..

Third level characters pooping their pants in terror and shrieking in the extremities of fright as they scrambled away from gigantic spiders emerging from moist, dripping jungles..

Come to think of it, I did a lot of running away. But, that was the most fun; we were level 5 before we even acquired a +1 sword, heh... stingy DMs are the best!

------------------
Who's going to wear my sandals stained with cherry soda? We will, We will!----

[This message has been edited by Dying Sun (edited 03-20-2001).]
Dying Sun is offline   Reply With Quote