View Single Post
Old 03-21-2001, 12:32 AM   #9
Dying Sun
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Foozeball, eh, Moni! That's one of the games I've heard spelled so many different ways.. Foozball, Fuzeball, Foosball, Fozeball, Foozeball, Foozeyball, etc.. whichever way you spell it though, it spells fun

Saz, that's true on the RPGs! I always enjoyed DMing; I never used the pre-gen sets, always made my own. My first adventure was centered on the continent of Australia, where the PCs had to battle not just the endemic species, but the climate as well! It's fun to see characters trying to trudge across the heat in plate.. soon everyone was reduced to their leathers, then their tunics, then their bare skin & tribal ointment covered in salve to repel the heat, the piercing sun.... and then? Well, of course, that's when the sand lizards struck, heheh...
It was fun, though. To strike fear into the PCs, but to let them know, subtly, that their role-playing would be well rewarded if they PAID ATTENTION to the story and followed the clues and leads generated by the NPCs. I don't think many attentive PCs ever died under my tutelage. If you're at all like me, the first to go were the guys (or gals) in the team that didn't pay attention, that ignored your subtle clues, that seemed "bored" when they weren't in a combat situation. Those were the souls that disfigurement/decapitation/transmission into the realms of the beyond came much more swiftly

The best adventures were the ones where all of the little numbers on the character sheet meant nothing compared to how the PC answered the riddle, opened the door, touched the idol of the gods, reacted to the guard's suspicion........

------------------
Who's going to wear my sandals stained with cherry soda? We will, We will!----
Dying Sun is offline   Reply With Quote