View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 03:16 PM   #6
Tyros the Demon Slayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'd love to tell you about all of the usual suspects for where my party bites the dust. I'm just worried that (a) I might accidentally spoil stuff for people who haven't even got past where I usually lose out and (b) that some of these deaths will be so avoidable, it will be embarrassing. That said, anti-spoiler blank space lines follow, and then top six places where I've bitten the dust.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. If the type of party at issue matters, I can post that for people too, but you can assume that these deaths have been consistent, even with different types of parties.
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
1) The Battering Hogar in the Northern Wilderness. Maybe someone can tell me if all the goodies he's guarding are actually worth it? Still haven't beaten him yet.

2) The Oak Saplings off of the anti-magic area in Trynton. I've figured out how to beat back the toxic clouds, but they always seem to take out my spell casters with Crush spells before I can do anything to them. Even with a Faerie mage.

3) Any encounters with Leaf Sprites in Trynton. Doesn't even matter if I try to run.

4) Cultists/ Highwaymen on the Arnika Road. I even got them once just after completing the Monastery -- my guys couldn't have been that tough.

5) The Rattkin. Not the breeders -- those are beatable. But I always seem to run into Rattkin Goons and others right after clearing the Rattkin Breeder room.

6) Moraxes in the Cemetary Dungeon. Only beat the three of them once, and then because two of them had spells fizzle on them in the same first round.

Bonus: one chest has wrecked my party so many times it's not even funny. How high a Locks/Traps should you have before trying the chest with Don Barlone?
Tyros the Demon Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote