Thread: Own game
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2001, 02:44 PM   #32
Link
Jack Burton

Yeah that's the main issue allright. I dunno whether to get myself some equipment, and (try to) make it myself, or work everything out, and sell it to some game producing company.
About magic. The forgetting thing is a good idea. I thought of it myself, but haven't been able to work that one out. That everyone on Earth forgot to use magic gives me a problem, when saying that the Chosen One is special. If he's special, then he should have a special ability ( like using magic). It doesn't really matter, cos i had this plan that you'd need a very special sword to kill the Upholder of Evil. You need to gather the Sword Jurin, which is devided in several pieces all over the country (kinda remembers you guys of the Equalizer, but i assure you: this idea was originated long before BG2 was released!!!!). It needs two special gems as well; that will activate the hidden, and unrevealed powers of the Sword. Those powers must come from two things: the Stones, and the person itself. If the person is the Chosen One, nothing will happen, but if he's not, he will be disintegrated by divine fire (or something like that: it would be a super thing to happen in the game, and also a good thing to get rid of one of the party members that have travelled with you to this world!!!)
So much for the sword, hope you like it and please comment on this one. Thanks!

BTW: Earthdog: any new ideas from your side are most welcome.

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......