View Single Post
Old 06-06-2004, 06:22 PM   #20
The Merciful
The Magister

[quote]Originally posted by Raistlin Majere:
Quote:
Originally posted by arjen:
[qb] I know a lot of people dont agree with me, but i miss the BG2 engine. It might be outdated but it sure as hell was interesting to play. just the idea of having a party walking around suited me better then the Morrowind solo, or Neverwinter Nights duo stuff, 3d or not...
In general, just because an engine is used in many great games doesn't mean the engine itself is great. As for Infinity Engine in spesific, while BG2 still IMO looks neat, the pathfinding was definetly not as good as it should be in a realtime party based game.

On topic:

That new D&D game seems to be a beat 'em up in similar to the EA's movie based Lord of the Rings games. Am I mistaken, or is it even so that the development studio is the same?

So, not a genre I fell atracted to. And no, I'm not in some anti-Atari league, even tough I may have more reason than most here. Lets just say that if Infogrames (not yet Atari) had marketed Independence War 2 proberly, the space sim genre might not be as dead as it now (the game itself is fabulous). You CRPGRs are really spoiled and pampered if you ask me... [img]smile.gif[/img]