View Single Post
Old 04-01-2001, 04:52 AM   #1
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

I would like to announce our need for an Official Archiver for The renowned and beloved establishment we fondly call the Moon's Hope Inn. That person would be one who could not only archive all the way to when someone (I don't know who, I haven't caught up with my back-reading yet ) first mentioned we should have the party for the initiation of our own sweet Ranger Zeeke in his new capacity as Corset Loosener (also adding the party invite(s) threads -I will make a list of links later). Preferrably in .pdf format, but if anyone has an idea for a better format, whatever would be best and easiest. He/she would also need a site big enough and available enough for us all to view/download from... PDF's are pretty big... Each page of a thread is between 300-700 kb's (averages 12 PDF pages). I know because (here comes news I haven't shared yet 'cause I wasn't decided as to what to do with it) I found most of the original crashed thread (Hello EveryOne! Come on in...Take a load off!!! -03-13 to 03-18). All but the first page (gone ) and page six, the second half of which should have gone to page 37 (nonexistent) It was purely by accident that I found it. In the large threads, I make it a habit to make bookmarks to some of the 'inner' pages... I was sadly preparing to delete the bookmarks to the thread after Ziroc told me it couldn't be saved when I decided to click on one. What the h&ll, I thought, and imagine my surprise when it took me straight to page fifteen! I printed them to PDF format, all 35 (37, missing pages 1 and 37) Graphics didn't come out great, but they are recognizable. It's big, though! 12.7 mb's for the whole thread and just under 5 mb's zipped up! ( again!) Anyhow, I haven't said anything 'cause I'm not really wanting to load them on my public Extra Downloads page as public domain, and they watchdog pretty closely, prohibiting any downlowds that don't have a specific link on their site (I can understand why, as they give you unlimited space and don't want people using it as a warez mirror site) I don't want to make these public domain! They our ours alone!

Anyone willing and able to take this on please apply here! Not only will you have to do the work of archiver and have a site to host them on, you would be asked to proudly display "Official Archiver of The Moon's Hope Inn" in your sig.

Ahem. Thank you, my friends! Please, all are welcome to the Inn! Stop by anytime!!! And she gracefully waits for any takers of her job notice...

------------------
Proprietor of The Moon's Hope Inn
Conspirator...Um, I mean, member of the Ladies Guild
Smitten by The.Relic

[This message has been edited by LadyRae (edited 04-01-2001).]