Thread: Oberons estate
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2001, 06:38 PM   #14
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

How can you "lose" the map in the time elapsed between opening the box and getting the Halruaan Skyship quest? You're checking that thing constantly! And I find working out the best strategies for myself, from the Game Manual, and putting together the best possible party, from a list of the NPCs and their stats, much more rewarding than going online and essentially asking for the answers out of the back of the book, or building a party exactly like everyone else's. So far, the only time I've seen the Manual fail me is where it said that the Lock Picking skill is used to disarm traps, and you use the Thieving button to do it.
(What I think I'll do in my next Single Player game is to randomly pick 5 NPCs from that list, no matter their alignments or how crappy their stats are. That being said, Please don't let me pick Osprey, PLEASE don't let me pick Osprey, PLEASE don't....)
Oh yeah, I finally killed Tazok in the Bandit Camp for the first time last night. He always managed to get away before, but this time he didn't even say he had to leave. I wonder if having Kivan in my party had anything to do with it? And Tazok is indeed wearing Plate and the Gauntlets, at least in my version.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote