View Single Post
Old 12-16-2004, 02:27 PM   #22
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Luvian You are free to raise your kids any way you want...but equating Adult Citizens and the Government to Parents and Children...is ludicrous.

A parent is in charge of his children (or her) and has the right to do practically whatever they want to make sure the kid is raised correctly in the parents view. Children when they become adults are then free to make their own choices. The very fact that most of them don't get this concept PROVES they are not mature enough to be allowed to manage their own affairs.

"Grow up kids and get over yourselves. Your parents know more than you do in nearly every case."

Oh and on the topic of "I'd jus tlose my cell phone" again, a position that points to the fact that you aren't capable of being responsible for your self...and that excuse would work just once...after that You're grounded and
have to be driven to and from all your play dates by mommy and daddy Im sure you would loooove that.
Yes, yes, very nice excuse. You could put your kid in a cage, beat him every days and tell him to act like a dog, and you'd still be "right" if we follow your nice moral fallacy.

There are limit to what is fair and what is not. That's why most places banned corporal pusnishments.

You know, why not just drop the pretence and give them ear tag, like we do with animals?

And my exemple is perfect and you just proved it. "It's ok to monitor X person, but not me, it's not the same thing."

Either we monitor everyone, or no one. Anything else is hypocrisy.