View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 10:30 AM   #44
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
3. For those in the crowd that hates all people who believe in GW as loonies, please consider this. About 92.45% of the things we advocate doing to alleviate the GW problem are THINGS WE OUGHT BE DOING ANYWAY. We can no longer continue to live off the dirty, hazardous burnings of dinosaur remains and think of ourselves as modern or advanced. It's a horrible, inefficient fuel whose time should end. In all its forms, burning of it puts volatile organics and poly-aromatic hydrocarbons into the air, water, and earth, as well as the infamous quad-fecta of known carcinogens known collectively as BTEX (benzene, toluene, ethelyne, xylene). Additionally, no intelligent creature should run an engine that wastes 40% or more of the potential energy input of the fuel it burns. The combustion engine, as best we can make it, is still a rickety shoddy old thing in terms of wasted resource inputs and hazardous icky outputs.
We are already doing these things here--our country has done our part to keep our room clean. The "developing" nations, though, do not have the laws and restrictions in place that we have so they continue to trash the planet and you will never see environmentalists marching on Beijing demanding reforms (at least not in this century).

No, I will not cite any articles I have read to back up my claims. As I have noted for every scientific study I can produce that says "x is happening" someone else can produce a study that says "x is not happening", which leaves us with the question "which studies are correct?", a question we cannot answer.

Another problem with climate research is this--the researchers do not consider any other possible source or cause of any warming trend rather than defaulting to "human beings must be the cause".

Just for the sake of argument, let us presume that the Earth is warming up. What if the Earth is warming up to where it is supposed to be normally? That would not be attributable to us.

Thankfully, I haven't heard a lot of people crying "global warming" even though we have had, what, 40+ days of over-100 degree (39 C) temperatures here in Texas? I think people are finally beginning to believe a simple truth--summer is supposed to be hot.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote