View Single Post
Old 08-16-2001, 12:44 PM   #1
Darkman

In my never-ending quest to find a party that I will actually stick with, I have decided to narrow my search by going with a smaller party. I've read that some people have played through the game solo, using nuthin but their avatar. I was thinking of trying it with just me and Imoen, so I will at least have some company with me, not to mention Imoen's thieving skills and spell casting when I dual her to a mage. But I can't figure out what type of avatar I should choose. I definately need someone who can fight, at least a little. I don't know how anyone could solo a mage through BG1 without resting every 5 minutes. How do you do it?? So I guess I'm probably looking at a dual or multi class for my character. What combinations of dual/multi class would you guys suggest? Are cleric spells a must have? With the extra money from selling spare gear that would otherwise go to the 4 other party members could I live off paying priests to heal me and Imoen? If my main char were a spell caster would that be a bit redundant with Imoen dualed to a mage, or would it be all the better with double the fire power? I probably don't need to be Thief since Imoen takes care of that, but hide in shadows would be very useful with this small of a party. Rangers have hide in shadows too though, but mages can cast invisibility... Sorry I'm starting to ramble! I just want some imput from people that have done this sort of thing before. A 6 person party levels up too slow in my opinion and it is a pain to have to mircomanage so many characters. I realize Imoen and my avatar will probably reach the experience cap rather quickly, but then will they not be really powerful for the rest of the game?

--Darkman
Darkman is offline   Reply With Quote