Thread: Module problems
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2003, 09:27 AM   #1
dominions
Elminster

First off I'd like to apologise if this posting is in the wrong part of the forum. I do have NWN SoU, though (honest [img]smile.gif[/img] ).

I'm currently creating (and have almost finished) a NWN module based on the Champions of Krynn gold box game.

Question 1: The module is getting rather slow and ponderous. Size-wise it's about 1.6MB (rar)/4MB (zip)/20MB uncomressed. I'm going to have to do something about this if the module is going to be playable on slower PCs.
Now. Should I a) split the module into two sections? or b) have each area's onEnter event script create the monsters/NPCs as the player enters?
I tend to favour a) personally, but i don't know what carries over from one module to another. Do the variables attached to the player? Are there any down sides?

Question 2: The Secret Wall Doors (not the Trap Doors) don't work properly since I updated to SoU v1.32 . They all appear the instant the module is loaded instead of doing the required Will check. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Question 3: Does anyone know of a decent graphics hak-pak for draconians? I've looked on the NWvault website, but none seems to work.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Well, that's all folks!

[ 11-20-2003, 10:39 AM: Message edited by: dominions ]
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote