View Single Post
Old 04-09-2001, 01:35 PM   #7
Staralfur
Baaz Draconian

Hey snap - I've got work to do on this aswell (and various other ways we're not doing the planet any good).
Here's my answers - hope they help.

Do you think global warming should be a top priority for world governments?
Yes. - aswell as Acid Rain (the two are closely linked), and the enviroment in general

Have you read any news articles or heard/watched any TV programs on global warming in the past 6 months? If so, do you remember the exact topic (i.e. Kyoto treaty, fossil fuel consumption).
Yes - Kyoto treaty (more specifially Pres. Bush rejecting it).
(Also had several lectures on what causes global warming and what is being done about it).

Do you recycle? (recycling reduces the amount of debris in landfills and therefore reduces methane emissions)
As much as possible

How do you feel about Nuclear power as an energy source? Against or For
Better than fossil fuels, not as good as hydroelectric, wind etc... So I guess 'For' for the moment.

If against, why?

How much more would you be willing to pay for a car that used an alternative power source to gasoline?
Never bought a car, no plans to.

Would you be willing to pay more for electricity if your power company used alternative energy sources (i.e. wind/water generation, solar power)?
No - If alternative power is available, maybe fossil fuels etc... should be taxed.

Who do you think is the main culprit of global warming
Consumers for their unwillingness to use ‘cleaner’ products because they cost more and are less available
Automotive and Oil companies for their unwillingness to change to alternative energy
Governments for their unwillingness to introduce and enforce stricter emissions laws
All of them - do what's best now, not for the future. I think it sould be the responsability of the government to push things along - so I'll go for them.