View Single Post
Old 05-24-2003, 01:46 PM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Welcome, MR:Sweden, to the finest Forum on the net. The people here are friendly, helpful, and courteous. To learn how to fight with more than one character I first recommend learning the icons on the bottom of the player screen. It should show the weapons available for your character to use. Also thieving abilitities and spells are accessed here. Now, and this is important, learn to use the spacebar. When you go into a fight hit the spacebar to pause the game. Next, click on each character that you want fight. If they are going to use a weapon then highlight the weapon icon and a sword cursor will appear. Place the sword cursor on your enemy and click it. Do it for as many party members as you need/want. If you are going to cast a spell then click on the spell icon, select spell, and another cursor that looks like a quarter moon with an arrow will appear. Place this cursor on your enemy and click it. Once you have all your party members doing what you want then hit the spacebar again and the fight begins. Remember, you can pause the game at any time and change your tactics. Also, SAVE OFTEN!

As for RPG's, then I recommend Baldur's Gate 2 once you get done BG1. If your Baldur's Gate 1 doesn't have the add-on Tales of the Sword Coast then I highly recommend this addition. However, and this is important, you must finish Tales before you finish BG1. You cannot access Tales if you finish the main story of Baldur's Gate. And don't try and tackle Tales with your party members any less than 5th level. Most people tackle this add-on either after they finish chapter 5 or 6 of BG1, but before chapter 7.

If you like Diablo then I believe you would really like Westwood's older game NOX (which you can find cheap) and Larian Studios neat game Divine Divinity. With your experience at Diablo you should pick up on the game play with these two easily.

[ 05-24-2003, 01:51 PM: Message edited by: Albromor ]
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote