View Single Post
Old 05-25-2003, 02:02 AM   #5
Nerull
Lord Ao

Also, walk around the area that you start at, and speak to all of the monks in green robes. The starting area is one big tutorial on how to play the game. There's even a place to practice party combat. Definitely explore the starting area completely, doing all of the quests/activities presented and speaking to everyone. Plus, it is worth xp to do the quests, so it definitely doesn't hurt! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I agree with SixofSpades about the Paladin, as they tend to have high stats and Lay on Hands and Protection from Evil are both very useful. Alternately, you could play a fighter, but don't neglect your charisma (you are the group leader, after all). Once you get the hang of the game, then you could always start over as another character type.

Make sure you pick up Tales of the Sword Coast. It is probably one of the toughest CRPG areas I have ever seen; if you can handle that expansion, you can handle anything else Bioware throws at you. I'm not stating that to scare you; if you go there towards the end of the game, you can handle it. However, it is challenging, and ultimately more rewarding, to play with the expansion added to the game.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote