View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 03:03 AM   #1
esquire
The Magister

Ok I just made it to the first basement level (the one with the warders) and all the dead bodies scattered around ominously and this place is freaking me out!

I'll forgo extrapolating my phobia of doppelgangers, I know I will probably meet up with a bunch of them later on… It is these traps that is maddening! There are traps everywhere, what kind of paranoid masochistic nut was this durlag anyway? .... ok well I can sympathize with him for getting a little paranoid after he has to slaughter his entire family, but I still think he went a little overboard

Does my detect traps have to be at or above 100% to disarm some of these contraptions? Imoen (my main thief) has 80% detect right now and I wasn't able to disarm the row of traps by the warders (where the mustard slime is) are these traps un-disarmable? or is her ability not high enough. I have one potion of master thievery, but I was planning on saving it for an emergency later on. I tried to have Yeslick set off the traps after I cast protection from fire on him but he got caught in the cloudkill spell (he even had the boots of speed on). Any suggestions?