View Single Post
Old 09-19-2001, 01:39 PM   #4
Blubal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Glad to be here -- these forums look really helpful!

I am at work now, so I can't check any stats changing, but I know it wouldn't allow me to equip a weapon in the left hand while the hammer was equiped in the right. This makes sense, of course, because it's a 2 handed weapon. Sure would be a nice weapon to use..... And YES, I feel guilty for killing the king, but I got caught stealing from him (was fooling around -- never tried to steal before), and things went downhill from there. But my God! I have over 100,000 cash now, and got LOTS of nice robes and weapons. And got a LOT of exp for killing him and all the guards.

I also happened to get the Assassin's Dagger last night too. And I didn't know it would take it from me when I said "yes, I want to be an assassin" in the Pawn Shop. I reloaded just to experiment with offhand weapons. I got slightly different results with the assassin's dagger in the offhand on my rogue. First, when I got into a battle, it showed the rogue's War Axe (not blank, like the lizard). Second, it would NOT let me toggle to select the dagger, it stayed on the axe. This brings me to another question. How do you USE the offhand weapon assuming that this dagger is working correctly? It seemed that my rogue always used the axe even tough the dagger was equipped in the right hand. In fact, I got the same results with a "side axe" or whatever it was called -- never seemed to swing the offhand weapon.
Blubal is offline   Reply With Quote