View Single Post
Old 07-11-2003, 06:54 PM   #5
Magness
Quintesson

1. Your characters in IWD move pretty much directly into HOW. BTW, there's also a free expansion to IWD/HOW called Tales of the Luremaster. It was an awesome little dungeon crawl expansion. Don't know where you could find it. But if you can find it, get it. It's a great little add-on and well worth playing.

You can't import from IWD1 to IWD2. IWD1 uses the 2nd ed rules and IWD2 uses the 3rd ed rules. And the import files from IWD1 are incompatible with Iwd2.

2. Max level? The game covers up thru level 30. However, the max number of levels you can get are dependant on a few factors. One, the size of your party. A party of 6 playing in normal mode will make it up to about level 16. If you want to replay the game in HoF mode, your party of 6 will be able to make it up to about level 26.

3. Special High level abilities. No. However, you get take "feats" every few levels that give useful abilities.

4. Comparing to IWD1/HoW. Stylewise, fairly similar. Very combat oriented with a linear plot. If you can enjoy this style, you should like IWD2.

Comparing to the BG series.... Stylewise rather different. In the BG games you only created one character and made parties up with game supplied NPC's. As you've seen in IWD1, you creat your entire party. It's the same in IWD2, you create your entire party. If you really love playing with a party of NPC's and don't like making up your own party, you probably won't like IWD2.

I'm flexible enough that I've liked both the BG and IWD games.

And let me re-iterate.... the IWD add-on Tales of the Luremaster (TotL) is an EXCELLENT little, but official expansion to IWD1/HOW and HIGHLY recommend finding it, downloading it, and playing.

Without giving any serious spoilers away.... during IWD1 or HOW you can meet a certain gnome (or is he a halfling, I don't remember) who talks you into joining him on an adventure. He teleports you to an abandoned fortress and you can't get out until you defeat the Luremaster. It's a great little dungeon crawl adventure.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote