View Single Post
Old 09-11-2003, 05:21 PM   #11
Faceman
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
I found out the governor kicked in at about 140-145 mph, causing a power-down.
Sorry but I didn't get you [img]graemlins/confused2.gif[/img] What exactly does that mean (honestly).

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
But, let's not once again make the legislature impose more rules to protect us from each other. We can't legislate every single thing. Accidents will happen (there's a reason they're not called "on-purposes" y'know), and it's not our place to protect people from themselves. While I agree with the goal of getting teens into crappy cars, I think this idea wanders to far into nannyism for my support.
I don't think we want to compell kids to drive low power cars at least that's not what I want as I still am in my second driving year (made my licence kind of late) and I want to be able to drive a BMW I simply think it's wrong if a 16 year old drives a Lamborghini. It would be nice of there was appropriate legislature for that. NOT a prohibition on Lambirghinis for youngsters but requirement of better driving courses (for all of them not only Lamborghini drivers ), higher fines for extreme speeding and DUI. Re-schooling for people caught speeding or DUI in their first year (as we already have in Austria).
We do not need a lot of new laws. We simply need to enforce the existing ones better and coach the kids into abiding them.