View Single Post
Old 10-11-2005, 08:51 AM   #6
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
I wouldn't call a thief "necessary" in this game in the sense that you couldn't get through without one. It's just such a terrible pain to do without - kind of like going through the game without warriors. Doable but frustrating and sometimes difficult.
Agreed. I have for years maintained that enjoying IWD without a Thief was so close to impossible that the difference didn't matter. Now that I am trying to build the perfect F/T, I am realizing how true this is.

I am crutching the party along with a 7th character (the temporary Thief) that I "hire" in. Although I expect to have an awesome product for the mid to late game; I have to admit that an MC F/T would be a better choice for overall game enjoyment (instead of the DC F(13)/T I am building) if the use of a 7th character was ruled out for whatever reasons.

I've got the +2 returning Axe... and ain't it a beauty? I know I've been here before; but obviously did not appreciate the power of the artifact I found; since I do not even remember getting nor selling it. Range appears to be the same as for Bow; but this is *BETTER* than a Bow loaded with an endless supply of +2 arrows, because the wielder can (and mine most certainly will) go to 5 PP in it.

3.5 ApR possible in a +2 magically enchanted RANGED weapon? And while carrying a shield! How did I miss this the first time around? I must have been blind...

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 10-11-2005, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote