Thread: D&D the movie
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2001, 10:02 PM   #5
Encard
Quintesson

The D&D movie was HORRIBLE, I'd say. First of all, they showed something like 2 monsters, only one of which actually did anything. Actually, you might count the thing in the what's-his'name evil warrior-type's head as another one, but I'm not even sure what it was (I don't think it was a mind flayer, personally). Also, the two Staves of Dragon Control, or whatever they were, I think, WAY too powerful and really shouldn't have been used... but then, they gave the movie probably the only thing of remotely decent quality in it, which was the crazed dragon combat thing near the end. Also, they managed to skip over various parts of the plot, such as exactly how the people got themselves committed to doing all the various stuff after going through the magical map near the begining of the movie, just why the main character type person got a fancy lightning-sword thingy from the elves (yes, I can guess why, but they might have put in a bit more about it, or at least a slightly larger part for the elves, or something[!!!]), and how he managed to defeat both the crazed Evil Warrior O' Death guy in 1 on 1 combat, considering that's he's thief AND got horribly beaten the first time they fought, and why exactly the super-powerful Staff of Dragon Control thing got smashed by the main characters fancy magical sword quite so easily and didn't even explode or anything. I mean, I remember that the skeleton-type person who created the Staff of red Dragon Control think said that he'd been punished by the gods for making the Staff by being forced to sit there and guard it (or something like that, I saw this movie a while ago, when it was first in theatres...) but why the gods didn't just destroy the staff if they hated it so much. Oh, and why didn't they resurrect Snails? He didn't look like he'd been killed too horribly, just a stab wound or something and a probably a broken spine... *sigh* I just hate that stupid movie so much...