View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #61
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming

The problem is, by the time you arrive on proof that satisifes the most skeptical, it could be too late. This is the whole premise of GCC.

Not sure what the harm is in awareness. Religion asks for much more of a personal, emotional and spiritual commitment with no proof whatsoever and yet people are acting in its name daily. Some kill because of it. Others hate. Others donate thousands and spring up cults the thing. IDK. Shit, religion seems to be an easier sell even when it has no basis in science at all. Maybe science is going about this the wrong way and should sponsor priests into the fold to spread the "good word".

Bottom line is, it really doesn't affect the facts if people still choose to naysay in the face of united science. Unlike religion, it doesn't necessitate that the masses get on board, because it has already concluded that it's happening regardless. Believe it, don't believe it - it makes no difference when you think about it. Anyone can cast doubt on a religious view because by nature religion asks for the participation of your average Joe in order to survive. Unless you're a scientist, with credentials and theories that counter the extensive work of your peers, it is nothing more than opinion and doesn't hold up in the appropriate circles.