View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 04:52 PM   #66
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: New NASA Data Debunks Global Warming

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
Always half-empty? Interesting way of viewing the situation. Science says that the result won't be good. It does not point to pollution as healing the planet, for example. Again, I fear by the time sufficient proof surfaces to put the naysayers at rest, it will be too late. That's just me, mind you. People may wise up beforehand, we can only hope. But again, it doesn't really matter anyways when you think about it. The people who can actually come up with ways to help the situation are already running with the science, so a minority of denial doesn't do anything but make for some interesting debates. Science has moved onward and upward.
Science doesn't move onwards and upwards when scientists ignore that fact they simply don't have all the answers vis-a-vis meterology. What is the presumed rate of heating due to human activity? 0.1 C per year? 0.3 C? 0.7 C? One large volcanic eruption can change average global temperatures by 1 C or more and it is impossible to predict when such an event might occur, thus predictions that "the temperature is always going to be rising" are false. Besides, as I have noted elsewhere--even if we presume that the Earth is warming, what if it is warming naturally and rising to the temperature where it is supposed to be? Efforts to cool the Earth would thus be disrupting the natural equilibrium temperature.

I am not talking about pollution. Pollution is bad and has nothing to do with global warming whatsoever...unless you try to classify carbon dioxide and water vapor as "pollutants". If that is the case, then what is to be done about all those naughty trees, grasses, and algae belching out all that dangerous carbon dioxide, hm?

We simply disagree on this topic and it certainly isn't personal. The sad fact is that neither of us will ever be in a position to do anything about it.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote